Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #41
4BabyUnit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Little Help For A Pumping Mom?

Awww...Don't cry. Kudos to you for trying so hard! I'm sure everything will get back on track for you. Things are getting a little better for me, but not a whole bunch. I'm afraid my dd just really likes solids and is losing interest a little*sigh*. Good for you for working so hard at it too. Remind yourself that formula really isn't poison and that it doesn't mean you have to stop giving breast milk altogether. I'm trying hard not too, but I'm also trying to prepare myself for the need to supplement. Big Big HUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpiglet View Post
Hugs to you!!! I am in the EXACT SAME BOAT. Last night I cried as I had to supplement for his bottles today for the sitter. I am going to try Fenugreek soon, I haven't been drinking as much water during the day so I know I need to do better there. I have also started drinking Mothers Milk Tea and it seems like that helps too. I am glad I am not alone in trying so hard to pump for my baby...My goal is to not have to supplement at all as he was EBF until he went to daycare at 6 months old. Its just been the past week or so that I can't seem to get enough towards the end of the week when I pump.

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #42
ssh
Registered Users
seller

If you think that your pump is an issue, the LC at your local hospital may be able to check it for you. I also had this issue when I got pregnant while nursing my 12 month old - I was working 2 days per week and the amount that I was able to pump really decreased quickly.
ssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #43
4BabyUnit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooh...good idea...now I just have to track her down It really could be a pump issue...makes some different noises than it used to actually. I have a Medela Pump In Style (original), and I changed the white membranes like pp suggested, but there was no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
If you think that your pump is an issue, the LC at your local hospital may be able to check it for you. I also had this issue when I got pregnant while nursing my 12 month old - I was working 2 days per week and the amount that I was able to pump really decreased quickly.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #44
e_beth
Registered Users

I have been bf/pumping for 8 mo. now. I do notice a decline in supply when I only get a couple pumpings in at work. I started taking alfalfa in the capsule form. I got it at a vitamin store. I took 3 a day and my milk supply practically doubled! I was even able to get some stored away in the freezer!!!

Just a suggestion! I was given the idea by a mother that bf 10!
e_beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #45
4BabyUnit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW! Doubled??? I'm stopping for alfalfa on the way home!! Thank you! I had not heard that before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_beth View Post
I have been bf/pumping for 8 mo. now. I do notice a decline in supply when I only get a couple pumpings in at work. I started taking alfalfa in the capsule form. I got it at a vitamin store. I took 3 a day and my milk supply practically doubled! I was even able to get some stored away in the freezer!!!

Just a suggestion! I was given the idea by a mother that bf 10!