Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
sallyjoe
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Want to S/T and have some questions about getting started....

Hi-
What a resource this is!!! I'm so addicted! I've already done some buying and would like to start trading and selling. I have a few questions before I jump in though.

Regarding the whole paypal thing:
1. How do I know if I have the kind of paypal that charges fees for transactions with a credit card?

2. How do I know what the fees are so that I can include them in the total to any buyers?

3. Is there an advantage to RME over paypal?

4. Do payments made to my paypal account automatically create a positive balance in my pp account or will they be applied as credit on my credit card or will they be deposited in my checking account?

I really appreciate any help you mamas can offer. I've been reading on the paypal website and have not been able to find easy answers to my questions. I figured I would just turn to you, the real experts, for advice!!

Thanks,
Laurie

Advertisement

sallyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
mom2t
Registered Users
seller

Re: Want to S/T and have some questions about getting started....

My response in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyjoe View Post
Hi-
What a resource this is!!! I'm so addicted! I've already done some buying and would like to start trading and selling. I have a few questions before I jump in though.

Regarding the whole paypal thing:
1. How do I know if I have the kind of paypal that charges fees for transactions with a credit card?A premier account charges fees for EVERY transaction, funded or cc. All pp accounts charge fees for cc. If you will accept cc, ask up front or include it in the price.

2. How do I know what the fees are so that I can include them in the total to any buyers?You will have to check with pp or use a paypal calculator

3. Is there an advantage to RME over paypal?personal preference. With pp you get more protection and can print a shipping label directly from them.

4. Do payments made to my paypal account automatically create a positive balance in my pp account or will they be applied as credit on my credit card or will they be deposited in my checking account?You have to request that they be sent to your bank account after they create a positive balance. They can not be applied to your credit card. I think you better do a littleinvestigating of your own. Go read all the info at pp.

I really appreciate any help you mamas can offer. I've been reading on the paypal website and have not been able to find easy answers to my questions. I figured I would just turn to you, the real experts, for advice!!

Thanks,
Laurie