Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
tranquilseeker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
sold posts

I'm sure the answer is somewhere here but I forget where to look

when you have sold something on the fsot forum, aren't you supposed to edit ONLY the title, but still leave the post intact so that when your buyer receives their item, if they feel there are any discrepancies between your listing and what they got it can be dealt with accordingly? (sorry my question is a little run on).

reason I ask is because I recently inquired into purchasing something and after pm'ing the seller a couple questions, I asked for her pp addy and got it. I forgot exactly how much I was supposed to send so I went to look for the post and it was deleted as in the title changed to sold and the entire content erased and replaced with one word- sold. I thought that was a little strange so I searched for her other threads and she did the same with the rest of them. And then I realized she edited her post as sold BEFORE I asked for her pp addy.

I'm obviously not pp'ing her money because I kind of feel like I was almost scammed...
so back to my original question, aren't we supposed to leave the fs post alone? for future reference?

Advertisement

Last edited by tranquilseeker; 05-12-2008 at 02:54 PM.
tranquilseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: sold posts

I don't think there is a rule about it but it makes sense to do it the way you suggest. I do so not only to be helpful to the mama buying but also to cover my own butt just in case.

I doubt she was trying to scam you though.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Kristen82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I delete the pictures but not the words....I dunno what the "proper" way to do it is though.

Kristen82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
lovemy3boys
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
seller

My Mood:

i don't know about any rule but i think it's a good idea to at least leave the description if not the pics (i can understand deleteing pics, but they can be helpful to have left there as well). sometimes people like to go back and research things that have sold in the past or that particular sellers history. i only ever edit the title.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
tranquilseeker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmm.. i really did think I read a rule about it... and yes, I am ultra suspiscious because of how many times I've been burned online
Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was disappointed with an item I received a month or two ago. It was coming unsewn on the front velcro tab when it arrived. The seller had posted a stock photo and I am fairly certain that it said it was in good condition. I went back to the post to see if I was right and it was edited to just say sold. I feel like it was misleading to post a stock photo and not explain any wear or defects.

When I posted to ask a question similar to yours, a very wise mama suggested that in the future I should take a screenshot for all purchases for this exact reason.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #7
tranquilseeker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

screenshot as in a picture of the computer screen?

see? it's situations like these that make me think that if this isn't rule it should be... like you have to have proof that the buyer received the item before you can delete the listing/picture/description. yeah, personally I would have asked for an actual picture instead of the stock photo, however some stock photos almost look like actual pics, kwim?

in reference to my OP, the mama who I was going to buy from hasn't asked me if I still wanted the item and hasn't been on here since... so yes, it makes me feel like I was almost scammed...
Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cross out my sold items and delete the IMG before my pics so it only shows up as a link in my photobucket.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
uk2usa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so glad you posted this b/c I have edited my OP before when selling stuff (usually for misspelling or when I forget to included a price). Any updates should be added in another post, perhaps quoting yourself and editing the title only. I have also deleted pictures, which I shouldn't do until I have received feedback from the buyer. I do leave the content alone-adding SOLD and ask to have my thread deleted. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that we're asked to have our threads deleted when we're done...
uk2usa is online now   Reply With Quote