Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
jess&claire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A bit of Whining but would like to hear some advice.

i was told once my this lady that babies have to cry and that it part of there growth and developement and that after 3 months things will change. my dd was a hard baby and that lady was right after 3 months, watching what i eat and trying everything to keep the beast from driving me crazy she finally became a good baby and i actula started loving being a mother. hang in there learn and try very thing and we hope things get better. your getting good advice from the mamas here.

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Minus the yeast, you could be describing our situation as well. Overactive let down, reflux. But, I can say that now at 2+ months, mostly no dairy, no soy, we are seeing an improvement. It hasn't been easy at all. But I think we are getting to a better place (hopefully I won't jinks myself).

I only feed on one side at a time and most of the time I pump a little before feeding. Also, I do still hold him up and pat him for about 30 minutes after each feeding, oh and I have his head lifted on his crib. I think that has really helped.

Keep up the good work mamma.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #13
fussybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for all the encouragement! It really helps. I'm going back to my Lactation Consultant next week and will ask her about the Diflucan and possibility of bacterial infection.

Also, I successfully added corn to the elimination diet and am THRILLED to be snacking on popcorn at night. Plus, DD and my doggies LOVE the air-popper!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #14
Melanie12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that gentian violet works better than prescription meds. Its over the counter but I isn't widely used because if makes such a mess.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #15
momofapeanut
Registered Users
seller

I didn't go through all the posts, but from what I've heard from other people, elimination diets rarely work. You probably have heard this tons - but everyone just says to get through the first 3 months. I know- I'm no help. Sorry you're having so much trouble! I hope it gets better for you.
momofapeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #16
abbi77
Registered Users

My Mood:

Another vote here for gentian violet. DD #2 (now 8 yo) and I had thrush for about a month, which everyone, including the lc, diagnosed as mastitis. Antibiotics, of course, only made it worse. I did some reading online (Kelly's site is great) and figured out the problem, and after clearing with the ped to try the GV, it cleared up within days. Messy but well worth it. We just used it to paint the nipple right before feeding her, and that treated both of us...but I had purple boobs & a purple-mouthed babe for a few days, lol.

Hope this helps, and HUGE kudos to you for hangin in there. You're doing great, keep it up, it really does get easier, I promise.
abbi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #17
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

It could be a latch problem. I was having awful pain while nursing and I swear my LO's mouth was too small (noone around here to take a look, KWIM?) but now that he's getting older it feels so much better!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote