Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
newuanda
Registered Users
seller

I hate this

When I've posted something for sale, haven't even started asking for offers and someone says they'll give me a certain amount less than what I'm selling them for and they tell me b/c that's what they have in the paypal account. I'm sorry, but I know how things work. Sometimes I just want to say no, they are being sold for the price I put on them. I guess I just hate it more when it's only been up for a day or two and have hardly had a chance to sell. Also, how am I supposed to know that they really only have that amount in the paypal account? I could tell others that too so they knock down the price, but I guess I know how much a diaper is worth and if someone is selling it for too much, I just don't buy it from them. Ok, done with my rant.

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hate this

you can just tell them no.

there's nothing wrong with the buyer asking for a cut in price, nor is there anything wrong with a seller declining.

cause and demand.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would just that I'm not ready to lower the price YET.....because if it doesn't sell, you just might want to lower it later. And it would give the interested buyer a little hope to keep watching the thread

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i would say no too, don't let a buyer push your price lower then you'd like to start it at, when i find things i want, i go through my things to see what i can sell quickly to try and make the funds i need. i have offerred to pay what i have and have the mama hold it for me until the next day when i can get it all for her. this way she knows im interested and not going to back out and i know my new diaper is safe..lol
sometimes the seller will drop the price and give it to the buyer at what she has in her pp, but it's really up to the seller, just don't feel pressured into selling something cheaper than you'd like for it, i've done this before but sometimes it makes you feel like you jipped yourself
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:48 AM   #5
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Nothing wrong with asking, you can always say no. I've declined offers of less than what I am asking for.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took and offer like that but it was a dollar less but I just want them gone so I was willing to take that loss. I had other items that people have offered lower and I said I could not accept the amount they offered but would keep themin mind.
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #7
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Bargaining the price is normal on a swap board, i'm not sure why someone asking if you'll take a lower price is offensive .

I have bought and sold items at a different price than listed - negotiating has saved me $$. There's nothing wrong with them asking (whether b/c they just have a certain amount in pp or they just want to see if you'll go lower), and it is your prerogative as a seller to accept or decline their offer.

Last edited by Raquelita; 09-17-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Raquelita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #8
Ms.Doula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquelita
Bargaining the price is normal on a swap board, i'm not sure why someone asking if you'll take a lower price is offensive .

I have bought and sold items at a different price than listed - negotiating has saved me $$. There's nothing wrong with them asking (whether b/c they just have a certain amount in pp or they just want to see if you'll go lower), and it is your prerogative as a seller to accept or decline their offer.

YEP, ITA And its perfectly acceptable either way.

Sling Makin', Doula, & Crafty Christian WAHM & to 3 Girlies
Emily 3/2000(in heaven), Kayleigh 4/2001 & Riley 9/2002
& 1 lil' Guy Gabriel 3/2005 & baby Aubrey 5/2013
B
Ms.Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're probrably like me and feel forced to sell it once they make an offer. But you do have the right to refuse.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #10
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJo
I would just that I'm not ready to lower the price YET.....because if it doesn't sell, you just might want to lower it later. And it would give the interested buyer a little hope to keep watching the thread
Yep

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote