Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing question

I stopped nursing Chloe in Feb and got Pregnant in March...so it will only be about 10 months without breastfeeding by the time this baby starts. What are the chances that my breasts will still be "baby ready" and I won't have to go through the uncomfort and pain of newly nursing?

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing question

I nursed my DS1 a month into my pg with DS2 and then weaned him. With DS2 I still got engorged but it wasn't nearly as bad as with DS1--in fact, I don't think it would have been so painful if DS2 had a good latch (he had too much suction--but didn't open his mouth wide enough). My nipples were all cracked and bleeding and I went to a Lacation Consultant who helped him latch correctly and then everything was fine. I think nursing each new baby can present it's own problems but you will be more ready this time!
Old 09-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
BGsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I nursed my dd until I found out I was preggo with #2, so about 8 months break in there and it did hurt again with ds, but not as bad as with dd. After the engorgement period then I was tender, but not cracked or bleeding or anything. I think that they did toughen up faster than with dd. Of course she was a slow nurser and ds was a really quick nurser, so maybe that had something to do with it too.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

well, I had dd almost 2 years after I was done nursing my son and I had a much easier time the second time. not as much sorness/etc. I think alot of it had to do with experience from the first time.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I stopped bf'ing and got pregnant 2 months later and had a very easy time nursing the second time. Not sure if it was from nipples still being used to it or if it was more because I knew what I was doing that time. Maybe a little of both.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a six month break inbetween nursing #1 and nursing #2. I didn't engorge the second time, I just noticed I was suddenly producing milk. No pain at all.
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote