Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:31 AM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: shannbannan
My Mood:
Ughhh! Need fresh eyes/brain... Need help from mamas who are good with word play...

We decided to name our daughter Cathryn (a combo of Catherine- my grandma, and Kathryn- Dan's grandma who passed away last week.) I have always said that her middle name was going to be Ann Marie- after me, my mom, and my grandma- and that was great until I suggested it to Dan and he was set on it because Marie can be after his other grandma (Marien.)

I am excited to name her after three of her grandma's, but I feel like the fourth one, my dad's mom who passed away 6 years ago, is being left out. I know she isn't around to feel bad about it- but my dad is and although I KNOW he would never say anything or make a big deal out of it, I am afraid it might make him a little sad if we name our daughter after three of her great-grandmas and leave the fourth, equally loved and equally important, one out.

So. Here is my dilima.

The two remaining grandma's are Marien Irene and Doris Evelyn.

I don't have a problem with two middle names as long as it's not super long.

This is what I have come up with so far

Cathryn Demi Vlasic- (both grandmas' initials) which I am so-so about.
Cathryn Marilyn Vlasic- which Dan hates.
Cathryn Irelyn Vlasic- Cathy Ireland? Idon'tthinksotim.
Cathryn Annalynn Marie Vlasic- LOVE it! But does it seem too long?

If possible, I would like Ann in there as well- as it's from a long line of women in my family- as well as my favorite sister.

Is this as impossible as it seems right now? I'll take ANY suggestions!

married to Dan the man (5.24.03) and lovin' my babies, Hayden (5.10.04) Wilder (8.12.08) and Callan (6.24.11)
passthepickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Ughhh! Need fresh eyes/brain... Need help from mamas who are good with word play.

How about Cathryn Ann Evelyn Vlasic or Cathryn Ann Irelyn? I see great possibilities there!
Kristen~ mommy to Casey(16), Jordan(12), HSing mama and chauffer to McKenzie(11) and Delaney(7), referee of Jeffrey(5), and CDing and extended BFing mama to Tristan( 34 mos)
Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote