Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2006, 04:50 AM   #11
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby's first Halloween!

As cliche as it is, a pumkin. #1 b/c my parents bought the costume, #2 b/c it's cute & #3 b/c well it's darn cute LOL. Older DS will be Thomas b/c well again, parents bought the costume LOL

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2006, 06:08 AM   #12
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree the pumpkin IS cute, part of me wants to do that cause it IS so darn cute like you said but I dunno the nerd part of me says no it has to be something different than the norm

Stephenie, is that a pirate outfit in your avvy?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:34 AM   #13
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My mom found the ducky costume at The Children's Place--and she found it for an amazing $13 at the store. It's this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/TCP-The-Children...QQcmdZViewItem

WE don't have any THe Children's PLaces around here... but she saw it where she lives and just bought it. She's so funny--- "It's that manky material you're always talkign about"..."that's MINKY, Mom"...

But, there is guilt. I personally have never worn a store-bought costume in my entire Halloween-ing lifetime... my mother is a master-seamstress and would always make the most amazing costumes for us. Unfortunatly, when we were little (that's triplet-speak again) she sold the costumes she made for us because we were so hard up on money, she had to recoup the costs. Which is a total shame... she made my brother a catepiller costume out of green fur that was amazing.

So, there you go. Sammy will be a ducky. As long as my (at that point) almost 4 month old doesn't outgrow the 0-6 mo' outfit.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:39 AM   #14
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG how cute!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:26 AM   #15
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Alex was a pumpkin his first Halloween, Madison was an elephant. Lilly will either be the elephant or a lady bug (I have both costumes already) this year. Madison wants to be a pumpkin
Old 09-18-2006, 09:04 AM   #16
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, ds#1 has been wanting to be Grim Reaper (think Adventures of Billy & Mandy - if anyone watches that)...but today he says that he wants to be Superman and his lil bro will be Batman We'll see how long that lasts....but around here, I need to get his costume SOON or they'll all be gone and we won't have anything to pick from (he was a spider last year because we waited too long..and the costume was just a touch too small)
Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #17
mom2fussy
Registered Users
seller

DS is going to be a turtle. I'm so excited, 'cause it'll be so cute! He'll be about 6 mos old at Halloween. I love turtles, and when he's on his belly or trying to crawl, he'll *look* like a turtle! I'm going to buy a cheap green sleeper (or a light colored one & dye it green, or a green cotton shirt & pants - whatever I can do for the cheapest), then buy some material to make the "shell" (piece it together) & lightly stuff it with polyfil for the shape.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #18
benjason
Registered Users
seller

He will probably be Winnie the Pooh since we already have it -- it was his older brother's. I figure he'll be in his sling while we trick or treat so you won't be able to see much of his costume anyway.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #19
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm goint to have Kaden be a fireman. His room is a firetruck theme and we got the costume as part of the decoration. Here is a pic, but we have a soft helmet for his head.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/ed/35/782c024128a02efa116db010.L.jpg
Old 09-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #20
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

Clara is going to be a Ladybug unless she still hates the costume and then she'll just herself LOL We tried a carebear costume but she fussed when I put it on her, then the ladybug but as you can see, she's not happy with it either...

AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote