Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #11
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: cloth wipes??

I have found I am the happiest with leaving the wipes on the counter by the sink & wetting them with fresh warm water as needed!

Advertisement

mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:08 AM   #12
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I have made mine along with purchasing some from some WAHM's here. I used fleece, flannel, sherpa, velour, microsuede, cotton.. pretty much anything. They measure anywhere between 8x6 and 8x8 with a few odd balls of 5x5's or 5x6's in there for good measure. I like the 8x8's though.

Since they are all kept in the bathroom, they get wetted down with warm water. On the go, I use a bottle that has a baby bits dissolved in it.

good luck!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:10 AM   #13
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my first set of wipes from from www.emibeans.com and it was a variety pack (variety of sizes and materials) for like $8/dozen. LOVE LOVE LOVE them - and water works great
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #14
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was given maybe 30 of the cheaper baby washcloths so I've been using them with regular tap water with a bit of lavender baby bath (I have it mixed in an old wipes container) and just wet them as I need them. But I recently bought some of Tangy's wipes and I love them I also have some Dixie Drops on the way and I can't wait to try them out
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #15
widdlelou
Registered Users

I'm switching over more and mroe to cloth wipes. Its amazing how much easier it is to wipe her with those, and I don't have to pick them out of the poopie diaper and throw them away I just dump the whole thing in the pail and forget it! I use -- and this si totally ghetto but-- I bought a bunch of second hand wipes and many of those I think are just cheap wash clothes a few are the double layer kind , valour and some kind of terry i believe. Anyways they do a lot better at getting really peanut butter pooh off (I have a toddler BTW so its not just bf pooh). But its just the double sided seem to only take one wipe per mess where as the cheaper work great too (I mainly have those) but I may need two. I have a whole load of them. And I just use water, though I'm looking at getting some kind of squirt bottle b/c I am getting sick of running ot the sink. DD doesn't mind a cool wipe, I think in this heat she kind of enjoys a cool down back there :
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:03 AM   #16
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I have used cloth wipes since my dd was a babe, only now (with #3) am i getting into cloth diapering.

I make my own flannel/flannel wipes and buy flannel/sherpa or flannel/velour (my fave!!) from WAHM's on here. My first wipes I bought off ebay but they were far too small. I will use 8x8 on the baby bum and I use 5x7 on the kids faces and hands. I use flannel/flannel for the small messes and the tohers for the jobs that need more cleaning.

As for sloution I have always used honey chunks (i think that's the name) but am wanting to try out Dixie Drops. I put one in a squirt bottle, dissolve and wet each wipe as I go. I keep the wipes in an empty wipe container or a basket.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #17
EmmalinesMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2zander
I have found I am the happiest with leaving the wipes on the counter by the sink & wetting them with fresh warm water as needed!
Me too.

I have all sorts of fabrics, but on a budget, you can't beat good old flannel! Even recycle a flannel sheet or some older t-shirts to make great wipes on the cheap. If you do want to try some different fabrics, I have some grab bags on my site under Wipes.