Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #11
uk2usa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby not sleeping - DH wants to wean? vent and frustrated... and sleep deprived.

If in doubt, wean. Typical male response
Men don't get it b/c they're not wired quite right

It won't last forever. I promise! Her molars could be bothering her. They really hurt.
Hang in there...You're not alone

Advertisement

uk2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #12
babyluvandkisses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby not sleeping - DH wants to wean? vent and frustrated... and sleep deprived.

We've gotten to this point with my 9 month old too. That, with full-time work, new pregnancy, school, etc, we were just going crazy! We decided the best thing for us was to stop co-sleeping and teach DS to sleep in his crib for the first time. It's been 2 weeks and he pretty much sleeps through the night now. I nurse him before bed and before I go to work in the morning now. 2 weeks ago he was nursing anywhere from 3-8 times during the night.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
promobabe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't wean until *you* want to...but I will say that with ds once I weaned at 14 months, he started sleeping through and has only been up during the night a handful of times since (he's almost 3 1/2). That wasn't why I weaned...but it was definately a welcome extra! I hope it's just a phase for you. For us, night nursing became the only way ds would go to sleep...and that's a hard cycle to break! Good luck!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
uk2usa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A friend of mine always says not to night wean until all their teeth are in
uk2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #15
Happygrl6
Registered Users
seller

Send him to my house for a couple nights. My fully-weaned-for-over-a-year 3.5yo STILL doesn't sleep through the night. Weaning definitely does NOT mean babies will sleep through the night!! (I hoped it would though. Its been more than four years since I've slept through the night, so I totally get the desire for it!!)

ISO Boyish Side-snapping AI2s in Mediums, especially Grasshoppers diapers
Happygrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #16
La Mere D'Anna
Registered Users

I wish I knew lol My 18 month old has only slept through on a few occasions. For a while when she was about fifteen months she was sleeping through... that lasted about a week lol. Then she went back. I've adjusted. It doesn't even phase me any more.. the sleep deprivation, that is.