Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Do you notice snap colors?

I have several hyena dipes that only have matching outer snaps and the inner snaps are white or natural colored. It doesn't bother me at all as long as the diaper works great and the snaps work great.

I have 2 brand diapers that have matching snaps and the snaps don't work so great. So it's more important to me that the snaps work

I'm surprised that some mommas would be bugged by something like that. It kind of bums me out. Maybe I'm just PMSing

So you think that some mommas wouldn't buy a diaper because it has white snaps, but the outer snaps matched the outer fabric?

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #12
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

I like matching snaps, and would want any that are showing to be the correct color. Meaning if its a front snap. The middle ones would need to be the correct color too. Cause once the child grows, those will show.

Last edited by singlemomto3; 09-17-2006 at 08:08 PM.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #13
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Color doesn't bother me really.. it doesn't matter at all to me if the wing snaps match the outer snaps, but what does bug me are those terribly ugly "industrial" snaps - they're HIDEOUS!!! I will actually not buy any more diapers from makers that I know use those They're just extra big and ugly for no reason, and I hate looking at them.. plus they don't even snap together any better than regular snaps do!
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #14
pingumel

do you mean that the inner snaps are the same colors as the outer snaps, or that the snap colors coordinate with the fabric? i honestly haven't noticed if the inners are the exact same colors as the outers, i'll have to go look at all the dipes again.

but i do notice snap colors in general, and love them to be different colors. that's actually what made me fall in love with my first cloth diaper (a blue GAD with different color snaps). maybe because it was so obviously a mark of a WAHM.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #15
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBun
Color doesn't bother me really.. it doesn't matter at all to me if the wing snaps match the outer snaps, but what does bug me are those terribly ugly "industrial" snaps - they're HIDEOUS!!! I will actually not buy any more diapers from makers that I know use those They're just extra big and ugly for no reason, and I hate looking at them.. plus they don't even snap together any better than regular snaps do!

You are the first person who i have heard say this....

My hubby actually made me switch to industrial, siince the standard snaps were sucky on just about every dipe i owned.... I like the industrial ones...

Funny how we all have our CD things we like and dont like.. It seems no two mamas are the same LOL
Old 09-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #16
ScrapAng
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm probably ultra weird about it. I like the snaps on the body of the diaper, I guess usually the socket, to blend in with the diaper. The caps I like to be a contrasting color. I know... weird! I like the decorative side of the caps, but I hate seeing the unused snaps looking back at me! When I ordered GADs, she indulged me and did just that for me and I love it! And that is also why I don't like one size diapers. I don't mind when they're all snapped up on the small setting, but don't like the rows of snaps not getting used. I also don't like contrasting stitching. Especially on a dark color. I like the thread to blend in. At least on the outside. I just got a MagicAll that I'm liking, but I don't like the white stitching on the bright blue diaper. I'm the same way with clothes for that matter. I never liked contrasting decorative stitching!
ScrapAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:04 PM   #17
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I notice, and it bugs me when they don't match.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:18 PM   #18
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To tell you the truth I hadn't really thought about it

I had to go grab a bunch of my dipes and check it out!

Now that I look at them, I like the look of the snaps being color co-ordinated. It seems like most of my pockets are (GAD's, Snap-ez), but then I realize I have a few kinds with colored front snaps and white wing snaps. It doesn't really bother me per se, and I guess I haven't really noticed since we're still on the tightest snap settings, but the white wing snaps sticking out don't look quite as nice.
I think it would only bug me if the front snaps were a dark color like black or navy and the wing snap was white.