Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
andtay23
Registered Users
seller

Tempted to buy pretty diapers?

We CD in addition to ECing and every time I hear of a new type of diaper or see cute patterns I want to buy more!!! But I don't want to invest in more diapers because I want my baby to end up diaper free!

So then I lust after cute trainers...and sigh that I can't afford to build up a stash of those.

Do you have a similar experience?

Advertisement

andtay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
z'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tempted to buy pretty diapers?

Same here!! I'm in the exact same position. Except it wasn't cute diapers I wanted, it was all the cute wool shorties that I can't afford. So I'm starting to sew some recycled shorties and a friend is going to learn how to crochet them (she great at crocheting) DS doesn't go nakkie too much so we use prefolds alot. Now that he's rolling over and spending a ton of time on his belly, we have to use some sort of cover. I HATE having to do prefold, then cover, then pant (still cool here.) So shorties will solve some of that.

Oh, to have money. But, then again. I'm happy to not have to stress about what to buy, I just can't buy anything!! Solves alot.

I have to pull myself away from this site regularly.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
hollissmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh yes, same issue here. Everytime I think about spending more on dipes I'm like wait the whole goal is to be out of them! it is very hard to be on this site for sure. I feel your pain... I just built up a small stash of sbish flats and why? I think we are switching to all LL flats here very soon, I figured out a pinning method with one pin that allows easy pottytunities too! so this is what our stash should all be :0 I did buy some gerber trainers and dye them, very pretty...

But wool is a different story...I think it is a good investment since they are clothes and they can be worn over a trainer to make them waterproof, esp. the wool interlock soakers b/c they are easy to pull down with the trainer to potty.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
andtay23
Registered Users
seller

Very good point about the wool! I guess I should be looking around for those, huh? I haven't tried anything like that yet.

I've been drooling over diapers here all day and ended up buying 3 more BG 3.0s, but I figure those will last awhile and are pretty easy for pottytunities.
andtay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
mycrunchykids
Banned
seller

My Mood:

can custom make you guys some yummy trainers in very cute prints( jungle animal..cupcakes..etc) for about half of what a name brand trainer costs..
mycrunchykids is offline   Reply With Quote