Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
mom3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NO one use Rit dye to dye PF's

Hi there Im in southern ont too and walmart does not sell anything but rit for fabric dye, in ontario.
you can find rainbow rock tye die kit at micheals but its $16.97 a pack and only has 3 colours and will dye a very small amount of fabric maybe 2 diapers each colour.
I have not found anything else here in canada, at least where I am.

I also dyed with rit and mine still bleed a bit, I wash them seperate, they do not leave dye on my DD's bum so she can wear them although if she soakes through the diaper to the cover it stains the cover a tiny bit, so I make sure to change her often. I will never use rit again though! Plus the diaper colour gets lighter each time I wash.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Tracy

Advertisement

mom3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls
Hi there Im in southern ont too and walmart does not sell anything but rit for fabric dye, in ontario.
you can find rainbow rock tye die kit at micheals but its $16.97 a pack and only has 3 colours and will dye a very small amount of fabric maybe 2 diapers each colour.
I have not found anything else here in canada, at least where I am.

I also dyed with rit and mine still bleed a bit, I wash them seperate, they do not leave dye on my DD's bum so she can wear them although if she soakes through the diaper to the cover it stains the cover a tiny bit, so I make sure to change her often. I will never use rit again though! Plus the diaper colour gets lighter each time I wash.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Tracy
Okay so it's not worth the trouble then apparently. Good to know thanks so much!

So I think I will just go with the store I found online a Canadian one that sells dyed PF's. I can get 12 Regular sized Dyed a Rainbow of colors Indian PF's of 25.00 from them then whatever shipping would be.

Seems to be a better deal than trying to find some dye or buying the small amount of Rainbow Rock for 17.00 that won't dye that many and then having to do it all myself.

Well I did just put one of the Regular sized PF's that I dyed on DD to see if it will color her bum or not, fingers crossed, I just put an old Kushies cover over it incase it bleeds.

But it kind of defeats the purpose of having the cool colors if it will bleed a little and I can't juts leave her run coverless.

Oh well live and learn.

Yeah just from the washing I have done and the rinsing the color is already faded and it seems like my PF's have gotten pilly some from it.

Right now we are using the Preemie PF's as a night soaker too so thanks goodness I only did 4 because now we can't use those.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used Rit on tees before and it stinks! It takes forever for the dye to stick and even then it's super faded. I love Dylon though!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:49 AM   #14
Brenda3boysplus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in Canada too and bought Dylon at Fabricland. Don't forget to get a packet of Colorfix stuff for each paket of dye. My Fabricland also had some Dylon boxes with 1 pack dye and one pack colorfix in the clearance section for $1 a piece!
I just dyed some bamboo for inserts and it turned out fabulously!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:00 AM   #15
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *Update at bottom*NO one use Rit dye to dye PF's

YAY.

I put one of the Regular sized PF's on DD to try and see if it dues her bum or cover and........It didn't.

YAY!

So they are still running a teeny tiny bit but apparently I can use them. Which is good. I will just wash them all together.

It didn't dye the cover at all either.

Anyway no more Rit for me. I might buy some Dylon from online or just buy the dyed PF's from the store I know. 25.00 isn't much for 12 of them I dont think.

But I am at least happy I can use these.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #16
mom3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

fabricland eh , well I may try there next time Im by one just to see, the one by us is really small. I dont really need it now though unless there is a way to take the rit out of the diapers Ive already dyed, I dont want to bleach or anything as it will ruin them. I think I will just wait to see if the rit eventually washes out!

Tracy
mom3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #17
bikruca
Registered Users

i am in southern ontario too... I used the stuff from fabricland with good results but it does get expensive if you want a few colours.. the best way is to have a dying party where everyone buys a couple of colours and you all dye stuff together
Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #18
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good to know! I would have assumed it was alright to use since that seems to be the most well-known dye out there! Thanks for the info!!!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote