Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
MotherGoose518
Registered Users

Really frustrated...

DD is 4.5 months old and I am currently reading the book Diaper Free and it is both spurring me on and also making me feel like there is no way I can ever do this. I am leaving her diaper free or coverless much more at home. But I'm not getting ANY of her cues. Or she'll have been dry for a while and I'll think she probably needs to pee but for whatever reason don't take her and she pees. I always say pee pee as she's going when I see her go (I only notice with a nakey bum). Yet when I try to take her to potty she doesn't go when I cue her. She just plays with her feet and looks around the bathroom. I know she understands much of what I say her to her. When I am going to pick her up I say "up?" and hold my hands out. She doesn't reach for me like an older baby would, but she gets excited and lifts her arms up in anticipation. I ask her for kisses and she gives them. I ask her if she wants to nurse and she opens her mouth like a little bird. Obviously she and I communicate about EVERYTHING else she wants and needs as well as what I am doing with her. Why can't I get this?! If I could only find my Baby bjorn potty that has been passed down from my brothers... I'm not sure where I stowed it when we moved here 2 years ago. If I had that it would probably be easier. Or maybe not.

Advertisement

MTHFR + possible Ehler's Danlos Syndrome
Lovenox, Folic Acid Therapy, Aspirin Therapy
MotherGoose518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
Mac-a-Doodle
Registered Users
Formerly: gstaley
seller

Re: Really frustrated...

I know that it frustrating because I feel the same way as far as missing cue but, just keep listening and looking for the cue because it gets easier. With my daughter, I would put her on her potty every 10 - 15 when she is awake and we are home, granted it can get a bit time consuming but, I'm also in the process of potty training her 27 month brother.
Mac-a-Doodle is offline   Reply With Quote