Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: The Spit Up King, is this normal?

Thanks for all of your responses ladies! It makes me feel a lot better to know others are experiencing the same thing. He really doesn't seem to be in any pain. I am still going to mention it when I take him to the ped but now I am not quite as worried. Thanks!

Nicky: Army Veteran and to Brian, mommy to Brian Jr. (3/14/08)
ISO: Boy Trainers for a skinny 2.5 yr old. 30 pounds 18" waist, 11" thigh and 15" (low) rise for trainers.

thepinkdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

My first baby spit up a lot every time he ate. I'd hold the burp cloth under his chin to catch it. I was worried that he wasn't getting enough to eat, but he gained weight quickly. I think part of the problem with him was that he strained to poop every time he ate, and it forced the milk right up. One day, he just stopped spitting up. I think he was about 9 months old.
oneblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Both my boys did this too. Same thing- no pain, gaining fine, but spitting up everywhere. Only 2 things helped: burping more often during feeding and cutting dairy out of my diet. Some babies are sensitive to the lactose and out it comes. If you suspect that may be a problem, try cutting out dairy products. It takes several days to completely work itself out of your systems, but believe me, it does help with the spitting. I sure do miss cheese and ice cream though...
Cassandra- wife to Michael and mom to Gwydion (4) and Gavin (1)

IHA:3 Mutts still available. If you don't like my price, make me an offer!
bellydancer1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

When my ebf ds was about the same age, he started spitting up almost every time he ate too (sometimes just from overeating but other times he had just eaten for five minutes or less) and occasionally it was projectile. He did seem very agitated during this time as well so the Doctor ended up prescribing Zantac even though his weight gain was fine.

I continued to agonize over this for months because it didn't really get a lot better and ds HATED the taste of the medicine. He did get less fussy eventually and stopped spitting up so much but I still don't know if it was the medicine or just his digestive system maturing. I stopped giving it to him as an experiment at about 4 months because I just couldn't force that stuff down anymore. He has been fine since...I think most babies are a little reflux at least in the beginning (my pediatrician said so as well) but you only really need to worry if they aren't gaining or if it doesn't get better with time.

Good luck!
jujusmama is offline   Reply With Quote