Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
lilerthquakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question wool rotation

I currently have 2 loveybums wool crepe covers... I'm noticing a bit of compression leakage... even after I JUST lanolized them. I am alternating the two throughout the day. After using them for a day, should I let them dry for a day... or should overnight be enough time for them to be dry enough to use the next day? Or am I doing it all wrong??

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: wool rotation

When do you notice compression leakage?
I notice compression leakage when she is in her carseat.
I alternate covers during the day with no troubles. Sometimes leave the same woolie on her if it feels dry inside still.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
micaiah&liliasmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

An actual LEAK or just a damp, cool feeling? They should do fine; they're even supposed to be fine at night, right? I'm getting some in the mail today, so I'll post later if I can remember. Basically, if you use them during the day, you should let them dry out enough between wears. I can usually rotate between two covers and be fine. Sometimes it helps to lay the freshly used one on top of a wipes warmer or on a drying rack to help it dry out, but over night should be PLENTY of time, too. I wouldn't use the other one until it was dry though. Dry to the touch is dry.

I'm having some issues with a jersey cover. Is yours brand new or new to you? I'm lanolizing mine for the third time to see if it does better. Once I did a conditioning treatment on a jersey wool cover to stretch it back out, and it lost all waterproofness, so I had to lanolize it a few times to get it going again. So that's the technique I'm currently using. Lanolize the crap out of it. LOL!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
lilerthquakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by micaiah&liliasmomma View Post
An actual LEAK or just a damp, cool feeling? They should do fine; they're even supposed to be fine at night, right? I'm getting some in the mail today, so I'll post later if I can remember. Basically, if you use them during the day, you should let them dry out enough between wears. I can usually rotate between two covers and be fine. Sometimes it helps to lay the freshly used one on top of a wipes warmer or on a drying rack to help it dry out, but over night should be PLENTY of time, too. I wouldn't use the other one until it was dry though. Dry to the touch is dry.

I'm having some issues with a jersey cover. Is yours brand new or new to you? I'm lanolizing mine for the third time to see if it does better. Once I did a conditioning treatment on a jersey wool cover to stretch it back out, and it lost all waterproofness, so I had to lanolize it a few times to get it going again. So that's the technique I'm currently using. Lanolize the crap out of it. LOL!
It's a damp cool feeling. I guess it's no big deal, but it bugs the heck out of me.
The covers are new to me. Maybe I'll try lanolizing again. Let me know how yours are.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Kestlyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Damp is pretty normal if the diaper underneath is soaked. You may need a more absorbant diaper or doubler.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestlynl View Post
Damp is pretty normal if the diaper underneath is soaked. You may need a more absorbant diaper or doubler.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
micaiah&liliasmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine didn't come today, but yes, damp, cool is part of wool if the diaper is soaked. It does bug my dh, but I love the breathability in summer, especially now that it is already getting so hot. It beats a heat rash for sure!