Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
Gloria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm dialated to a....

Ok I went to the DR yesterday and she said IM a good 3 almost 4 and 50% efaced (sp??) So anyway I was wondering if you guys think I could walk around like this for a while or if I will be going into labor shortly. My DR said she thinks I will go in the next couple of days, but she also said it could take 2 weeks! With my other 2 my water broke so there was no question as to whether or not I was in labor, and Im nervous about that this time Does that make sense? I have never actually had to time contractions or anythiing and my DR said if I have them I need to get to the hospital cause that will put me at atleast a good 4 and I will likely be in labor at that point.

Any advice??

Advertisement

Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm dialated to a....

Well, I am no help to your hopes, since i was 3 cm and 50-75% for 15 weeks. I was in preterm labor at 25 weeks, and was 3 cm, and at 41 weeks i was still 3 cm....
I have alsway wlaked around dilated. but with you dilated that far, i woud think there is a chance your water could just break too... I have only had that happen once... But some women, it happens all the time...
Old 09-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

My water broke this time when I was at 4cm
My doc said contractions 5 minutes apart or when you can't talk through them. You'll probably know when you hit that point - but maybe your water will break and there will be no doubt.
Can't tell you how long you can wander around like that, although it COULD be weeks. I hadn't been checked for a couple weeks when my water broke.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
Gloria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I have probebly been walking around dialated for a while too. I know with my 2nd one I was dialated to a 2-3 for a while, but then my water broke. So hopefully that will happen again!

Last edited by Gloria; 09-20-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote