Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
kpapple
Registered Users

My Mood:
Red face Did this happen to you?

***Update
Well I went to the DR yesterday and as it turns out she thinks that I have a bladder infection. Which would cause contractions and a lot of pressure. There were white blood cells and ketones in my urine and they have sent it off to the lab to check for bacteria. After we get the results of that a treatment will be given. Until then- water, water and more water She said if it were left untreated it could cause pre-term labor and or low-birth weight. So after all I am glad that I went in. I guess we all know out own bodies and when somthing does not seem right! Thanks for everyones advice.

Ok I am 23 weeks pregnant with my third and already have been feeling a lot of braxton hicks and some pressure in my pelvic region. Almost like it is already expanding. I remember this with my last pregnancy which by the way was not that long ago ( my son is 10 months old) but it was much later like 30 weeks or so. So my question is, is this normal for a third? Or is my body still warm from the last pregnancy and everything is falling into place a lot sooner and getting comfortable for the long haul?? Just looking to see if it has happened to other ladies out there!

Advertisement

Last edited by kpapple; 09-20-2006 at 08:12 AM.
kpapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did this happen to you?

hmm, never had that happen. but every pregnancy is different adn there are a few things. my first pregnancy I didn't get a tummy at all until almost 5 months, second time around I wasn't fitting in clothes at 10 weeks, now almost 8 weeks and my tummy is full.

they say you feel the baby kick sooner too with each consecutive pregnancy.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

I have noticed with each pregnancy that the braxton hicks do start earlier. You can bring it up with your dr at the next visit. Everything should be fine, but since we are all different and no pregnancy is the same, it never hurts to check!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
momto4monkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

get monitored you might start having early contractions not to scare you but i had a 6month old when i got prgnant with my 4th and i had the same sorta thing at 28 wks they put me on meds because it was early labor and bedrest. Just take it easy and talk to the dr can't hurt right . I think when they are close together it makes the pregancy a little harder on your body.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
kpapple
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4monkeys
get monitored you might start having early contractions not to scare you but i had a 6month old when i got prgnant with my 4th and i had the same sorta thing at 28 wks they put me on meds because it was early labor and bedrest. Just take it easy and talk to the dr can't hurt right . I think when they are close together it makes the pregancy a little harder on your body.
Well I took your advice and I called my doctors office and they DO want to see me tomorrow! So now I am a tad nervous. They told me to take it easy and to increase my fluids. I go tomorrow at 2:45- Hopefully they will jsut tell me that it is nothing to worry about.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got regular bh starting at 20 weeks with both of my boys. They just said I had an irritable uterus. With my first, I guess I was in l&d at about 33 weeks...the bh were hard and close and they went ahead and gave me meds to stop them, but they said it was probably brought on by a UTI. My (very) regular bh didn't affect my pregnancies at all as far as early labor. I had both boys at 38w6d (first induced, 2nd natural). So you may need to be watched closely, but it might be alright too. Don't worry too much until you see the doc
Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

I only had it with my twins starting at about 16 weeks, other than that, they were towards the end. Let us know what happens. Just try to relax too because if it is real contractions, stressing about it won't help.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am also 23 weeks! When is your EDD? mines the 10th of jan

I have been having BH for weeks now. Somedays I feel like I literally cannot walk b/c my stomach feels so huge. (Ugh, how will I make it another 17 weeks ) I don't remember this at all with DD til, like you said around 30 weeks. Anyhow, my last pg was almost 3 years ago so I can't say its from my body remembering things. I do know my doc told me BH start earlier with each pg. I notice them alot more when I am dehydrated. As for the huge tummy/pressure thing, yeah I can relate!

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

well I had 8 years between my 2nd and 3rd and with my 3ed I definitely started having the same symptoms you have and early. I had to rest more and drink more fluids because I was so active. For my OB/GYn they said if I have 5 or more braxton hicks and hour that I am to lay on my left side for one hour and drink a glass ofmilk or juice. Usually that cured it because it is a sign of dehydration or an irritable uterus.

oh I see you have an appt for tommorow. Good luck and hope everything is well.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM   #10
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I have had early BH w/ all 3 of my pregnancies. But never more than a few a day. I always get them when I am hungry or thirsty, or if I have been walking too much. I let my Dr know at every appt and he says that as long as I am not having more than 4 an hour not to worry. He said it is normal, every person is different. The only time I have had more than 2 in an hour was when I was really hungry and we couldn't get somewhere to eat fast enough, I almost thought I was going into labor but as soon as we stopped to eat, no more contractions. That was with my 1st, I learned my lesson then.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote