Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #11
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: On the fence..... I keep seeing cute

My stash is split btn pockets, a few AI2s and fitteds. DH will always grab for a pocket of AI2 for ease or if DS is wearing wool, I just tell him to get one in the diaper stacker LOL. The two system works out pretty well.

Fitteds are great! If you don't like em, you can always sell em

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #12
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you Mamas! I laughed at the - "If you like them, you'll have to buy more!" LOL that would be a huge problem. I should back away from the computer and stop!!!

Thanks you again!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #13
mommyofjoeyp
Registered Users

I used pockets almost exclusively for a year (I had 3 fitteds, a BSWW and a wool cover but I NEVER reached for them). Now I'm on a fitted kick and would hate to count how many new ones I got the past month!!! While I still prefer pockets I find that a few times a day it just seems cozier and comfier to put on a fitted with wool.

If I had to pick one system it would be pockets for sure however it's fun to have some variety!
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sometimes think fitteds and wool are easier than pockets or AIOs... when I'm not home it's easier to put Z in wool pants and tell DH or my teen girls that any diaper will work under the pants. I'd rather come home to an AIO under wool than a fitted under jeans!

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
diaperfest
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you like a little variety, I will say go for it. I tend to use my fitteds and wool at night or fitteds coverless around the house and pockets and AIOs for outtings or days where I need a one day system, lol.
diaperfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 PM   #16
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm addicted to fitted dipes. I had a huge FB stash but every time I did laundry and had to stuff all those dipes my hands/wrists got so sore. I have tendonitis/carpal tunnel issues. DH only thought the FB were easy because he didn't ever stuff them. They were easy to clean poop off of, but not easy to keep from getting stinky. Now DH is feeling the fitted love but he will not de-poop them. They are kind of a PIA to get poop off of because the poop gets stuck in the elastic gathers and the stitching around the doubler wings (we use mostly fireflys), but otherwise they are bulletproof and the extra step of pulling on a cover or longies or Fuzbomb does not bother either of us. That said, Kirsten rarely poops in her diaper if I'm home because she gives me that "look" and I wisk her dipe/cover off and plop her on the potty. She almost always poops on her seat for me. DH doesn't get the "look" and doesn't realize she's poopy until he smells her. Kind of frustrating to me, but the price I pay for having to put a roof over our heads by working all weekend.

I really don't like PUL. At all. I can't stand the feel of it and it gets stinky so easily.

Last edited by Dawnn; 09-18-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Dawnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #17
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just informed dh I'm switching to mostly fitteds, so I need to buy more he doesnt care. The thirsties pfs just arnt working out right for us right now......but they are great for stuffing my HH"s

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:08 AM   #18
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans_mum
I just informed dh I'm switching to mostly fitteds, so I need to buy more he doesnt care. The thirsties pfs just arnt working out right for us right now......but they are great for stuffing my HH"s
I just started using thirsties for stuffing our SEZ pockets and love them. Much easier to keep clean IMO than MF inserts and more absorbant too. Good luck buying some new fitteds. I think I'm going to keep with pockets......
Old 09-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #19
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm on a fitteds kick right now. I love the prints just because it makes diaper changes just much more fun. Plus, they breathe better than pockets. I had a few fitteds and some prefolds just for rashy days, but now I'm crocheting some longies and can't wait till she can go with fitteds and longies. Now I have five more fitteds and am waiting on 7 more! I agree, this is a sick addition...
Old 09-19-2006, 06:42 AM   #20
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisaleen
I'm the opposite - I use fitteds and once in a while I'm tempted to try pockets. But then I read "diaper chatter" and every single laundry question is about pockets. Stink issues, repelling, what-have-you....always about pockets. Sounds like too much work to me.
I haven't had any stink issues yet..... so I don't know if everyone has them. I have recently discovered using thirsites pf as my pockets stuffers. I really believe micro fiber inserts can be the problem for some. They hold a lot of bubbles, the prefolds wash clean so easily and actually are more absorbant. Now I'm just using PF and hemp and my rinse water is so clear! If you decide to try pockets invest in some really good cotton inserts.

Just my