Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
bpa

has everyone stopped using the bottles with bpa in them? I have been on other boards where they haven't but i fell kinda guilty that i haven't thrown them away yet. We mainly use drop ins but i have a few easy bottles for DH. Maybe i should just get some cheap bpa free ones from walmart.

Advertisement

-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: bpa

I use the evenflo classic glass and am loving them. They are cheap and I don't feel guilty about throwing the plastic bags away anymore and I don't have to buy them either.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can say without a doubt in my mind that I am not going to go to BPA free bottles anytime soon.

http://cerhr.niehs.nih.gov/chemicals...enol-eval.html My DH sent me this link (he understands all that chemical mumbo jumbo since he has his PhD in Biochemisty) and I read through it. Basically it is just a controversy right now. I am actually more afraid of the unknown (non BPA bottles) then I am of the known stuff.

So basically if you don't switch over don't feel bad. I can tell you that we have no plans on puchasing new bottles for our next child (I am pregnant currently). The bottles that we have worked great for DD and I know increased her enjoyment in this world. They were Dr. Brown's.

Jennifer
Mother to 3 micropreemies that all have passed away, DD aged 5 months 5 days. Currently 19w 3d pregnant with a singleton.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
mommytobe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we switched to drop ins but only because he's about to be a year old and not need bottles anymore anyways and that was the easiest route. i haven't thrown away my avent or dr browns bottles.
mommytobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

We switched to drop ins quite some time ago, as they were the only cheap alternative to born free ect. Thankfully we are starting to get some others now that BPA is banned here; YEAH for Canada! I must say I really enjoyed returning all those old bottles and getting some nice new safe sippy's for Ben. I hope the US follows suit and all you mommas can get something useable for all the bpa garbage you have.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

I switched, but only because I live in Canada and was able to take a bunch of my Avent bottles back for credit at Zellers... I bought Avent sippy cups and use the bottle tops (white ring and nipple) with them. But I wasn't going to switch because it wasn't a big deal.. but if I'm going to buy these sippies anyway, why not get some $ back for my old bottles.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
momofkali
Registered Users

Another Canadian here!
Canada has banned all BPA sippy cups and baby bottles.
I got a $230 giftcard from zellers when I brought my 3 grocery bags of bottles in.
I figure it is safer to not use them and be wrong than to use them and be wrong, KWIM.

How much would you pay later on to reverse something for your child, that's why it was no question to me.
I would've paid another $230 in bottles regardless if I got any money back just to keep my child safe.
I also understand not wanting to jump on the old fear wagon also though.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #8
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tossed the Avent bottles and got Gerber Gentle Flow. They're BPA-free, cheap, and I can still use the Avent nipples! I've found them at Albertson's and Walgreen's. They're $3.99 each, or you can get them in boxes of 3 for $6.99.

yummymummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #9
Sillz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I returned all my used BPA bottles (Dr Brown's, Avent, Gerber NUK, and Breastflow) to BRU for a refund (store credit since they were used and I had no receipt). They gave me $155.75 and we now use Green to Grow bottles.

Babywearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, baby-food-making, stay-at-home mommy to Adam (8/05) and Josh (7/07) [/CENTER]
Sillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #10
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we breastfeed so its not a big issue but i got rid of my water bottles with bpa in them well actually i havent gotten rid of them they are sitting on the back shelf because i hate just throwing them away so am trying to find another use