Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered Users
Waking up is this normal?

My DD is 7 mths old and is not a good sleeper at all, never has been. Lately when she wakes from her naps(when we can get her to sleep) she is out of it, it's like her eyes can't focus, she starts shaking like she is shivering. Her eyes are fine and then they go blank and it seems like she shuts down and up. Lately it's been worse with her eyes tearing, the poor thing has tears running down her face. It gets worse as the day goes on, sometimes escalating to crying. I've called the ped, but they never get back to you in a decent amount of time Anyone have any idea? She hasn't been sleeping much lately, she's cutting the top two teeth. I just don't know what to do with her, it's been getting worse and once she gets worked up there's no calming her down. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by ajprosek; 05-19-2008 at 10:33 AM.
ajprosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Waking up is this normal?

It sounds like she's exhausted and having trouble getting back to sleep when she gets into her lighter sleep mode. My 12 month old does the shakey thing when she wakes up too "suddenly" and still needs to sleep. It's almost like she's panicking. When this happens, I hold her and talk to her softly and she relaxes and drifts back to sleep. It's worse if she misses a nap or gets overly tired.
The fact that you say it gets worse as the day goes on sounds like she's just really tired and too wound up to sleep at the same time. It's a viscious cycle. I guess do whatever it takes to get her to sleep and keep her asleep? Just so she can get back on top of things.
Melissa-Wife, mother to DS 4/02 and DD 4/07, DS 7/08 DD 7/13
ISO: my lost shaker of salt
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Waking up is this normal?

Thanks Mama, she hasn't been sleeping much at all. I think it's the top two teeth coming in, she hasn't slept more then 2 hours at a time. Hopefully we will get through this soon, we are both exhausted.
ajprosek is offline   Reply With Quote