Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any mamas bfing and charting?

I've been charting since I got my 1st real AF pp (charted before getting pg too), and my temps just look kind of random. Dd is 9 mos and nurses a few times a day, and wakes up a time or two some nights but doesn't nurse. I'm on cd 41 and no sign of AF. I tested a little over a week ago and got a BFN.

If you're charting and bfing, do you see a clear pattern in your cycles? Were your cycles longer or really different in any other way pp than they were before? I have no idea what's going on, so please help a confused mama out!

Advertisement

I am a child of God.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
ChunkiBunz Diaperz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any mamas bfing and charting?

oh i would love to know about this! i have no af either and i wish i knew where i was at in the mo!

Check out River City Boutique -Blog & HC You can Fan me at the bottom of my HC
NWI Natural Family Living Fair 8-2010-Blog & Fan Page more info to come
[/FONT]
ChunkiBunz Diaperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
KatieJD334
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Charting and bf'ing here! Night waking is notorious for throwing off temperatures. Here's a quick link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Night-Waking.html

Instead of temping, I chart cervical mucus and since I have ovulation pain, that has been reliable for me. Usually whenever I start having ovulation pain I take OPK's for charting purposes, just so I know what days to mark on my chart and notes I need to put down. I already have an idea what days I tend to ovulate, so I know when to start abstaining. If you can chart other symptoms besides temping, that will be helpful for you. Send me a PM and I can give you some other helpful info.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
lilepad
Registered Users

My Mood:

I plan to but I haven't started yet because I don't have AF back yet. I really should chart anyway but our wake times are very erratic.

If you have taken an NFP course, you should contact your teacher--they might be able to help you see a trend that you aren't seeing.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anvil8624 - I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Katie - Thanks for the link, and I'll pm you

lilepad - I haven't taken a course (when I started, I lived in an area that didn't have any teachers any where near), I just use the TCOYF book. Wish I had someone to show it to though!

I would post a link, but I don't have enough posts to post a link yet! Haha

I am a child of God.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
jujusmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't get AF back until my ds was 10 months and it has been really erratic (5 weeks one month, 4 the next, and this past cycle 6!). I haven't been temping but I do chart cervical mucus and find that I am able to predict fertility really well that way (and AF always comes about 14 days after I get the egg white). I am curious about the temps now too so maybe I will start. Sorry - that wasn't very helpful!
jujusmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujusmama View Post
I didn't get AF back until my ds was 10 months and it has been really erratic (5 weeks one month, 4 the next, and this past cycle 6!). I haven't been temping but I do chart cervical mucus and find that I am able to predict fertility really well that way (and AF always comes about 14 days after I get the egg white). I am curious about the temps now too so maybe I will start. Sorry - that wasn't very helpful!
No, it is helpful! You're helping convince me that I need to start checking my cm more. And knowing that at least one other person is having erratic cycles might help me relax about it a bit.

I am a child of God.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
KatieJD334
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My cycles have been off also. I had patches of EWCM for a few months and then finally ovulated, then first PP AF showed 8 days later. My second cycle lasted 55 days and I eventually O'd on day 42, AF showed 13 days later. Now with this cycle I O'd on day 24, so my cycles are still pretty long but are slowly adjusting. My DS nurses a lot and I've read that it can still throw things off for some time.