Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Flying with pumped breastmilk.

I did it! And with no hassles by security!
DH and I went on vacation to Mexico without our ds (15mos) and I pumped 1 time/day while there. I was able to bring home 35oz of breastmilk, stored in 2 empty plastic water bottles and packed in thinsulate bags with 4 frozen gel packs. I was worried about going through security, but even in Mexico, when I explained it was breastmilk for my baby, they just looked at it and waved me on through. I'm super impressed.

Advertisement

SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flying with pumped breastmilk.

That is wonderful! I traveled to MX for a few days for my job when my DS was 9 m/o and it was before the change in the rules. So, I had to pack my milk in my checked bags and I was super nervous. But, my milk made it home safely. I think it is great that you can carry on pumped milk now. It is only right!
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Jill&LexisMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just did this as well- only a day trip up to Boston, but they were great as well.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
Monzie
Registered Users

When we flew to Texas last month, the booking agent at American Airlines made a special point of telling me I could carry on as much breastmilk/formula/baby food as I needed. While I appreciated the info and was glad to know that they have loosened up the ridiculous security regulations a bit, the only milk I took on the plane was "on tap."
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is very good to know because we may still be going to Mexico at the end of the summer and I will definitely be pumping to maintain supply while I'm there. I would cry real tears if I had to dump all of that precious milk in order to board a plane home.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was almost in tears at the airport in Mexico. I was so sure they'd not follow the same rules and would make me dump it. The poor security guy there looked confused at first, asked me where my baby was and then opened the bags with the milk in them, and looked at me questioningly. I said "my baby is at home. I nurse him and I need that to feed him with at home." He just stared at me for a minute, looked back at my milk and then up at me. I said "It's breastmilk." and I grabbed my boobs. He then blushed deeply, smiled, said "It's okay." and let me go.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote