Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hyland's Calm Forte for kids...anyone use this?

I wonder if I could try this for my 16 month old. She doesn't really have any problems going to sleep at first, but has a lot of problems with constant wakings.

I'm getting pretty desparate for some sleep!

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Hyland's Calm Forte for kids...anyone use this?

I would be interested in this also for my 2 1/2 yr old. Will be watching this. Also do you have a link where to purchase?
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found it at cottonmamma.com
Old 09-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

It's safe for babies to adults. Homeopathic remedies are not like synthetic medications where weight is a factor and generally they HAVE to have these guidelines (thanks to the FDA) that has to seperate adult and child formulas when they really are exactly the same ingredients

So, it's fine to give your child/toddler that stuff. Nate occassionally takes it to calm him down before bed and he's about 2 1/2 now. He has taken a liquid form in the past when he was an infant and worked nicely too But yes, it's safe.

Enjoy the peace and quiet
Old 09-19-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Does it help them to sleep through the night? My ds is 2 1/2 yrs old and he wakes up more than my 4 month old!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
It's safe for babies to adults. Homeopathic remedies are not like synthetic medications where weight is a factor and generally they HAVE to have these guidelines (thanks to the FDA) that has to seperate adult and child formulas when they really are exactly the same ingredients

So, it's fine to give your child/toddler that stuff. Nate occassionally takes it to calm him down before bed and he's about 2 1/2 now. He has taken a liquid form in the past when he was an infant and worked nicely too But yes, it's safe.

Enjoy the peace and quiet
what age can you start?
Old 09-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use it for my 2 month old. because she fights falling asleep at night and will fall asleep only to wake back up about 20 minutes later. I give it to her about 30 minutes before bed. By the time she has a bath, gets into her jammies and nurses, she falls asleep beautifully and sleeps about 6 hours at a stretch.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseemom
I use it for my 2 month old. because she fights falling asleep at night and will fall asleep only to wake back up about 20 minutes later. I give it to her about 30 minutes before bed. By the time she has a bath, gets into her jammies and nurses, she falls asleep beautifully and sleeps about 6 hours at a stretch.
Well my son goes right down for bedtime but wakes up 2-3 times a night still. Last night he woke up at 2am, and was just talking away. Not crying just "talking" and squealing with delight, for over 30 mins. If I gave this to him at bedtime do you think it would help him sleep THROUGH the night???

ETA: I just found it at amazon.com for $3.60, should I try it?

Last edited by marelle4381; 09-19-2006 at 04:05 PM.
marelle4381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #9
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I have used it for my 4 yo but not for my younger. I think it works great. We only use it in unusual circumstances that might have her a little more anxious than normal, not for everyday use. I think that is what it was intended for.

I just want to ask, you say your baby wakes up at night and wants to talk and play. What do you do at night. When baby wakes to eat do you turn the lights on, talk and play back, or do you leave the lights dim or off and keep it business like (eating and diaper change only as needed). I ask because I found that w/ my first the more I did to stimulate and wake her the harder it was to get her to go back to sleep, If I got up and nursed her w/ only a nightlight or dim light she ate and fell back to sleep much better. Before you decide to give you DC any med for this behavior that you described I would think about your night routine and consider what makes the child think it is time to play. JMO, I am not judging just letting you know what I have found to work in that situation. HTH
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #10
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesmom23girls
I have used it for my 4 yo but not for my younger. I think it works great. We only use it in unusual circumstances that might have her a little more anxious than normal, not for everyday use. I think that is what it was intended for.

I just want to ask, you say your baby wakes up at night and wants to talk and play. What do you do at night. When baby wakes to eat do you turn the lights on, talk and play back, or do you leave the lights dim or off and keep it business like (eating and diaper change only as needed). I ask because I found that w/ my first the more I did to stimulate and wake her the harder it was to get her to go back to sleep, If I got up and nursed her w/ only a nightlight or dim light she ate and fell back to sleep much better. Before you decide to give you DC any med for this behavior that you described I would think about your night routine and consider what makes the child think it is time to play. JMO, I am not judging just letting you know what I have found to work in that situation. HTH
He woke up on his own at 2am in the dark, I listened for him to cry but he never did, he eventually fell back asleep. I never even went into his room. Now when he cries, I go make a bottle (20secs) go in his room (in the dark) pick him up (in the dark) and feed him. I know he's not hungry anymore, he's doing it out of habit, he takes a quick sip and goes right back to sleep. He's not awake more than 10 mins and I doubt he ever even opens his eyes.