Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hyland's Calm Forte for kids...anyone use this?

I used the adult form before the child version was available it was safe for 18 months and up for one tablet and then over 2 is half the adult dose. My son sleeps wonderfully on this stuff and also helps his night terrors and sleep walking. I swear by this and when he is going through traumatic times (moving, starting new school, having night terrors) we use these and they help him sleep and keep him sleeping, he calls them his "no bad dream pills" they are non habbit forming. Hylands is very helpful if you just give them a call and ask they will answer your questions...

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #12
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I use & LOVE them. I think they really help. I used to use Valerian Supercalm by Herbs for Kids (which helps too by the way) but I found Hylands to be cheaper & work better & I felt better about it so that's why I carry it too.

I have used it on both my 3 yo & my 8 mo old.

GL!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are there any stores that sell it? Walgreens? Target? Etc.?
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
splotchy1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love Hylands but had never heard of this. So, I did a quick search. Here are the FAQ answers from Hylands themselves on the use of this for kids:

Can I give Calms Forté to my child?

Hyland's Calms Forté may be given to children 6 years of age and older. If you wish to give Calms Forté to a younger child, please consult your licensed physician.

How many tablets do I give my child? Is the number of tablets age or weight dependent?

Follow label directions for giving tablets to children 6 years of age and older. The dosage is not weight dependent.

Can I give half a tablet of Calms Forté to my baby so she can sleep on the plane?

These tablets are not quick dissolving tablets, and we don't recommend giving them to any child under 6 years of age. If you wish to give Calms Forté to your child who is younger than 6, please consult your licensed physician.

How do I give the tablets to my child?

The tablets are compressed tablets and are meant to be swallowed with water. If your child cannot swallow a tablet, you can crush the tablet with a spoon and give them to your child mixed in a little water. Calms Forté is not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #15
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by splotchy1
I love Hylands but had never heard of this. So, I did a quick search. Here are the FAQ answers from Hylands themselves on the use of this for kids:

Can I give Calms Forté to my child?

Hyland's Calms Forté may be given to children 6 years of age and older. If you wish to give Calms Forté to a younger child, please consult your licensed physician.

How many tablets do I give my child? Is the number of tablets age or weight dependent?

Follow label directions for giving tablets to children 6 years of age and older. The dosage is not weight dependent.

Can I give half a tablet of Calms Forté to my baby so she can sleep on the plane?

These tablets are not quick dissolving tablets, and we don't recommend giving them to any child under 6 years of age. If you wish to give Calms Forté to your child who is younger than 6, please consult your licensed physician.

How do I give the tablets to my child?

The tablets are compressed tablets and are meant to be swallowed with water. If your child cannot swallow a tablet, you can crush the tablet with a spoon and give them to your child mixed in a little water. Calms Forté is not recommended for children under 6 years of age.

i wonder if they changed the formula on these and that is not up to date. My calme forte pills are quick dissovle. they dissolve in 2 seconds. My 6 and 8 yr old use these. They have never been taken with water.
sometimes companies do not keep the websites up to date. also on my teething tablet bottle it say not to give under the age of 6 months but I called them and asked if it was ok to give ot my daughter when she was 4 months and they said yes. i would call the company and ask for the info.

http://www.hylands.com/products/calms4kids.php

Last edited by pinkflamingos77; 09-19-2006 at 08:34 PM.
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #16
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are 2 kinds: one is for kids (they dissolve) the other kinds are for adults (you swallow) HTH
Old 09-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #17
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found mine at Walgreens.

Before I found the childrens type, I bought the adult tablets, crushed one up and gave my daughter just what I could stick to my fingertip (less than 1:4 a tablet) and it worked quite well.

I notice a huge difference in her sleep patterns without it. When she doesnt have it, she is restless all night long, and wakes up several times wanting to play. When I give it to her at 8pm (her bedtime) she will remain relaxed and even after feeding or a diaper change will drift back to sleep without much effort and then finally wake for the day around 6am.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:03 AM   #18
elizablessed
Registered Users
seller

You can also find them at a Natural Food Store or a grocery store that has a decent natural foods section.

so wabi sabithreading light
elizablessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #19
bethkay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow!!! There is actually something safe and natural that helps kids sleep!!! Must have it!

My kids always stay up 2 hours past when I put them in bed.

Walgreens here I come.
bethkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #20
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have been going back and forth on whether i need these or not, and as i listen to my overtired baby cry (soothing, nursing, rocking, singing did not help him), i came here to read this thread (saw it a few days ago) and you all have convinced me i DO need them!! thank you!! getting some tomorrow!
titania is offline   Reply With Quote