Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2006, 04:26 PM   #21
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hyland's Calm Forte for kids...anyone use this?

I have been dealing with Sofia waking at least once a night since she was about 10mos old...this is after she had been sleeping through the night regularly. Then again, she was sleeping through the night but only for a few weeks (when she was about 15mos). Now she is waking once and alot of times twice a night or more. I searched everywhere for this calm forte 4kids after reading this thread the other day (we also have used the hylands teething tablets with great success). I finally found some in a Vitamin store last night & tried them. She slept the WHOLE night!!! Going to try it again tonight & see if it was just a fluke or if we've finally found a "Cure" for her restlessness.

Advertisement

rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #22
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use it and love it. DD is 4 and weve usede it since she was about 8 months old. Works like a charm!
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:24 AM   #23
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i need some of this stuff too!
both my kids have been fighting me to go to bed at night lately, last night alone, danae by herself kept me awake til past 2am, and i was soo sleepy but she would cry if i put her to bed, so i tried to stay up with her and tire her out but it wouldnt work, what worked for us was warming a bottle of milk, my mom did this for both me and my brother growing up and it would knock us out and so i tried it with danae and it worked on her.
i think we need the tablets though, they seem easier and probably work faster..lol

i seen them before at Rite Aid but i wasn't sure about them, now i know to go grab some
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #24
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what section are they in? haven't seen them in walgreens, cvs, target, etc. around here. want some for an upcoming plane ride!
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #25
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I wish I'd have seen this b4 we drove 5hrs+ to see MIL!!!..
Thankfully by now DS sleeps through the night, but I know a lot has to do w/his naps. If he naps too little or too late into the late afternoon, he'll wake up during the night, sometimes a couple of times.

B4 'depending' on meds though (even if they're homeopathic) I'd also have a look into the child's sleeping pattern! 'Healthy sleep habits, happy child" is one of the best sleep books out there IMO and gives you the exact info on how many hrs of sleep they need, how the 'natural clock' is set etc. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #26
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, why couldn't someone have posted about this 4 months ago???

Wanted to add, my kid is also one that wakes up, happy as a clam, in the middle of the night. We sleep in a PITCH BLACK room, no lights, talking, etc. when he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat. Still, he's ready to play.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:28 AM   #27
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I tried it last night and it didn't work...If anything, she slept WORSE! She ended up waking up around 10:30 and then didn't go back to sleep until around 1 am. I had to put her in her crib to scream b/c she wouldn't even go to sleep in the bed with me.

Then she woke up around 5:30 and I brought her to bed with us and she went to sleep then and I had to wake her up to leave this morning.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #28
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanadaydreamin
Well, I tried it last night and it didn't work...If anything, she slept WORSE! She ended up waking up around 10:30 and then didn't go back to sleep until around 1 am. I had to put her in her crib to scream b/c she wouldn't even go to sleep in the bed with me.

Then she woke up around 5:30 and I brought her to bed with us and she went to sleep then and I had to wake her up to leave this morning.
uh oh, I hope it works for Kaden
Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 AM   #29
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We tried it again last night & the night before & it worked again. It does say on the bottle that you can give a few doses. The night before last we ended up giving dd 2 doses, but last night only one again.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #30
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I gave her 2 doses before bed, and then 1 dose when she woke up. Ugh, I'll try again tonight though.