Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
REALLY gassy baby?

DD (305 mo) has always been gassy. It gets worse when I eat certain things. Last night we had tacos and she stinks so bad it'll make your eyes water. We went to playgroup today and I thought one of the toddlers needed to be changed. Is this a sign I should try cutting something out of my diet? I think I'm going to try dairy and see if that helps with the gas/fussiness but I'm curious if this is normal in a 100% bf baby.

Celticcloths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: REALLY gassy baby?

how old is she? Is it painful gas? or just gas? If its not painful I would just suspect that she is reacting to what you eat. When you eat spicy foods so does she. You could try dairy elimanation and see if that helps but I am a no dairy momma and its hard. But my DD was in pain and gassy plus had major rash
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
Registered Users

My ds (12 mos) is just gassy. He had dairy and soy issues, which I have eliminated from my diet. In fact, I was wheat, dairy, soy, nut and berry free for months, and he was still gassy. He is never fussy about it, just always tooting. DH is constantly proclaiming that he is poopy when he isn't (somehow or other it never occurs to him to actually *check* the diaper when he smells something suspicious.)

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Mine are both REALLY gassy, sometimes fussy with it and sometimes not. I asked their doc if I should try eliminating dairy, and he said he didn't think it would help any. I think it would be all of impossible for me to get all the dairy out with my family, anyway.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote