Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Anyone on WIC? Formula ??

We are on WIC and next week I have an appointment to add my new baby-right now I'm nursing but with my girls, after a few weeks of exclusive nursing, I introduced formula and did half and half. Right now I'm planning on doing the same. I think I can get WIC formula for him but don't know what will happen if I tell them I'm only using it half time-does anyone know if they will still give me some or is it all or nothing type of deal? thanks! sara

Advertisement

myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone on WIC? Formula ??

When we started WIC I was supplementing. They gave me the full amount of formula and still do. HTH.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotzurk View Post
When we started WIC I was supplementing. They gave me the full amount of formula and still do. HTH.
Thanks! I don't want to quit bf but don't want to miss out on formula either I love nursing but its fantastic to have formula on hand for going out or when I need a break and then dh can give a bottle. sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
golgi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My twins are mostly breastfed. They nurse all day and then get one bottle of formula before bedtime, and sometimes a second bottle if they wake during the night. I never asked WIC for formula, but did tell them that they get one bottle of formula a day - and they offered me 'supplemental' formula. I didn't even have to ask for it!

Each month I get four 12.9 cans per baby. They told me they can offer up to 6 cans each month for supplemental formula feeding.

HTH!
golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD was also mostly breastfed but supplemented ith formula, and I got both my food package for being a nursing mama, as well as six cans of formula per month for DD.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:05 AM   #6
NathanNGabriel
Banned
seller

My Mood:

When I was on WIC with my first son, they asked me if I wanted any formula for supplemental feedings. They pretty much just gave me all that I asked for (which was one can a month, lol).
NathanNGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

My first baby started on formula at 7 months(for various reasons) and she recieved the supplemental package at first until I stopped nursing completely and she went to the full package. After a year she still couldn't tolerate milk so I got several cans of her soy formula(a supplemental package really) until her second birthday when she weaned off the bottle and stopped getting formula all together.