Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
jenniferbee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My daughter poops about 4-6X a day

Is this normal??? I feel like I am constantly changing her poopy diapers! But I didn't know why she is pooping sooo much, or if that is ok, she is 2? Anyone else have a child that poops this much?

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
trilla_marion
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My daughter poops about 4-6X a day

hmm...no sorry. My dd is 15 months and generally only poops once a day...usually in the morning. Occasionally she does poop twice a day but not that much. If she poops more than 2 times in a day I start to wonder if she's getting sick or just what I've been feeding her...hehe...There was one day a couple months ago she pooped several times during the day and that night her poop was so liquidy that it ran right out of her diaper all over the floor....And I figured out I had given her too much fruit that's really high in fiber...hehe...so now, I don't give her nearly as much of those fruits. hehe
Old 05-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
jenniferbee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She does eat a lot of fruit and fiber. She usually does not poop less than 2-3 times a day pretty good amts. I can understand 2X 3 is a little pushing it. But for the past week now it has been about 4-6 X a day with not really any diet changes, which I thought was unusual. ???
Old 05-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
Wiffey
Registered Users
seller

My niece poops 3-4 X a day. Everytime she eats and then some. I told my sil she should try putting her on the potty after meals since she is so predictable.

Brandie
Mom to 3 dd 9,6, and 1yo
Wiffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
aimee0508
Registered Users

My LO is the same way. She was like clockwork around 6-9 months after breakfast, just that one time a day so we started ECing. But she has started w/the peanut butter poo again YUCK at least 4 times a day. Been this way for almost 2 months
Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

Wow I thought I was the only one with kids that pooped that much. Both Ds and DD poop at least 3 times a day.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

For a while our little 15 month old was pooping 6-7 times a day It drove me crazy... AS soon as he was clean he would get dirty again. He has slowed down (that was kind of abnormal) but he still poops 3ish maybe more times a day. But our little 3 month old is luckily a pretty regular once a day pooper So unless the consistency changes or she seems really uncomfortable than I wouldnt worry about it too much.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
njbeachgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 17 mo poops on average 3x a day. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I think it is OK! She eats so much fruit/grains/beans, I think that is why.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

My 6-month-old goes 8-12 x's a day! We've had all kinds of tests run on both her and her stool...and everything is normal. I think it's my milk! Sure does make EC'ing easier, though. Who WOULDN'T know when their kid has to go after all that practice? LOL!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote