Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
BC Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Can diapers be underwear?

I hope this isn't a stupid question!

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can diapers be underwear?

How do you mean ?? Like a trainer ??

I have used the ME Sandys as trainers and they work really well. A thin fitted can work too.
I have also used a pull on cover like a Gerber or fleece or wool soaker with a preemie prefold trifolded inside and they rock.

I prefer pull ons but you can use diapers instead just use a little less absorbency !
Old 05-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
BC Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah I guess I mean like a trainer (I'm very new at ECing!) Will putting on a cloth diaper confuse the baby or maybe because it's cloth it would feel like underwear? Is a trainer is a pull up cloth diaper with a little bit of absorbancy?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A friend of mine ECs and she uses diapers as well as trainers.

A cloth trainer is sorta like a diaper but they usually only hold 1 miss and then it requires changing.

www.theecstore.com
www.continuum-family.com
http://www.ecawarebaby.com/index.html

My favorites are the EcaPants, EC Store Trainers and Shi Shi Nix trainers.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
BC Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

OK, that makes sense, thanks!
"Miss"-I like that term. Accident seems like the wrong word kwim?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I KWYM ! I dont really consider them to be accidents eitehr cuz I am the one that takes her to the potty so if we dont make it then its really my fault not hers soooo.... its a miss cuz I didnt catch it in time ! lol
Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
goldmama22
Registered Users
seller

I use diapers with EC'ing until they can stand up and run around, then I switch to pull-ons if they are ready (as in, no or rare pooping in the diaper). I just always use feel-wet inners (cotton, hemp, bamboo instead of microfleece or suedecloth etc) so they get that feedback. I do use stay-dry inners when we are out and about and I know they will be sitting in it for a while since I don't want them to learn to sit in pee either! I think this part is just as important as feeling the wetness when they pee in the diaper when at home! (At least it was for my dd... we'll see how future ds does...)

I made the switch from diapers to mostly pull-on trainers at about 12 months and then to underwear at about 18 months. I kept the trainers for long car rides and nights and other times that I wanted backup though.

Megan
goldmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

DD is 7 months today. We've been using prefolds as undies for several months now. I just take them off when she has to go and put them back on after she is finished. She can feel when she's wet in them, so she doesn't like to get wet and lets me know when she has to go. Very, very rarely do I ever have to change a poopy diaper. She makes sure to do those in her little potty (unless we're out and about, and then she gets mad. LOL).
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
mycrunchykids
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I use the teeny underwear I make for my dd...no bulk and they look like cute little underwear....
mycrunchykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #10
lindsayjean
Registered Users

We had been using cloth diapers until just a couple of days ago when we made the switch to underwear... now that she can walk to the toilet and sit down (well... little potty chair, not adult toilet). When they are ready undies are much easier because you just pull them back up instead of having to lay her down to snappi or snap or velcro or whatever. But CDs were great in case of misses for sure!

ISO: newborn/small woolies- shorties and soakers
lindsayjean is offline   Reply With Quote