Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
WWYD? Re: pregnancy ending (in birth)

Okie, I will try and keep this short.

First off I would like to say that while I would love to go into labor naturally(and I really hope I do!) I know that we may have to plan this birth because of certain issues. So I cant shut off my brain and I keep running this over and over in my head and I thought I would ask for peoples thoughts.

I am 39wks today. Dh travels for work. He will get home sometime on Thursday and then he will be home all the following week. But the week after, hes gone again. He will leave Tuesday morning and be a 4-6hr drive away (Which is why something will probably have to happen.) There is no way for him to put off his route. Hes lucky he will have next week in the shop. Lets just say when DD was born he DIDNT take a week in the shop. I had her on a Friday, he was gone again the following Tuesday morning.

Ok, next thing on the list. My mom flies in Monday night (late). She has 2 bio kids. I am on #3 and this is probably my last kid. My sister, will most likely never have kids. So if she wants to see one of her grandbabies born, this is her shot. But at the same time, I told her to come EARLIER than my due date, unstead she chose her flight for the NIGHT BEFORE my due date

One last thing. DD has never been away from me longer than a couple hours. Let alone overnight. This might be miserable on my IL's.

So...WWYD....(of course it all depends on the MW, but, I would like to have an idea KWIM?)

1. Plan to have the baby this Friday. My mom wouldnt be here, but it would give maximum time for dh to be home with the baby before he had to go on the road again, and the baby would be a week and a half old when he had to leave again. It would also mean no hospital stay while my mom is here. Oh, and my kids could go with my MIL overnight and we wouldnt have to worry about her having to work the next day. *did I mention I am married into a workaholic family?!*

2. Shoot for Next Tuesday. My mom would be here. But, that would only put Dh home for the rest of the week and weekend. (he doesnt do much on the Monday nights. He has to go to bed SUPER early so he can be up at 3-4AM the following morning). It would be a "Hi mom" go to bed, wake up early, go to the hospital kinda thing. It might feel rushed KWIM? Plus MIL and FIL would have to work that day(which MIL would probably take it off, but FIL would bounce between hospital and work) and the next morning so it might not be a good time for them to have the kids overnight.

3. Shoot for Thursday. That is Dh's birthday which is also our anniversary. What a b-day/anniversary present! LOL. But at the same time, that would mean that we would never beable to celebrate our anniversary on our ANNIVERSARY because it would also be the kids b-day. Same story about MIL and FIL and work. I think the biggest turn on for this day is I would have a few days with my mom before baby. So she could help me "get ready" and such really feel involved. The biggest turn OFF...that Dh would have the WEEKEND to be with us and then he would have to be on the road again. It would be very similar to when I had my DD, except my mom would be around for a few days afterwards where I didnt have that last time.

SO ANYWAYS. WWYD?

Advertisement

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
FunnyMonkey
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Re: pregnancy ending (in birth)

If you get to pick the day scenario #1 sounds much easier. Good luck!!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you and your mom REALLY, REALLY want her to be there, then I would say #2. That way, you mom gets to be there, but you'll still have more than like 2 days with your DH. Plus, you won't have to worry about the anniversary and 2 b-days all in one day thing.

BUT, if you and your mom aren't THAT worried about her WITNESSING the birth, and you think she'll be fine just meeting the baby at your house, then I would say #1 since you'll have maximum time with your DH.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

I don't know. I am like you and I overthink it. I would probably go with #1 and ask my mom if she could get here earlier.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #5
shell015
Banned
seller

I dunno. How can you plan it? I am sorry I am overthinkning your question. But I don't get how you can plan it unless your dr. is offering you induction. But go with what will be easier for you personally. That is all that really matters.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #6
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

It would be induction.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

I would go with #1--- unless it's important to you (and by you, I don't mean your mom) to have your mom present at the birth.

My daughter was scheduled for an induction on 4/2-- made everyone in my family mad because it was a "bad day" for them. Having a date, not having to stress over who would be there (both my mom and MIL were present for DS's birth, so both assumed they'd be here for DD's), who would take care of DS.... it was making me nuts... I went into labor on my own on the 31st and DD was born on the 1st....
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #8
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally would have the baby when your mom could be there, that would be what was most important to me. My mom passed away before I had my kids and I always regretted that she wasnt with me. Your DH would still get to be home with you for a few days too. So I would say option #2. Good luck whatever you choose.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I'd avoid induction until you're at least 41 weeks, but that may not work for everyone, huh?

I think you need to decide what's more important--having hubby home for as much time as he can or having your Mom see one of her grandchildren born. Can she change her ticket to accomodate both you and your DH?

Try not to worry too much, hun. Everything will work itself out. I wish your DH would/could take more time off
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think that if you get it figured out and decided your baby will for sure come a few days before your planned date. LOL>
It's tough. Have you been induced before? I was induced with Ari (placenta wasn't fully functional anymore) and let me just tell you the pit was NOT fun. I'd take inconvenience over that anyday. That's just my 2cents.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote