Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #11
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Re: pregnancy ending (in birth)

I'd go with option #2

Advertisement

EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #12
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Yes I was induced with DD
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #13
woolfulcomforts
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell015
I dunno. How can you plan it? I am sorry I am overthinkning your question. But I don't get how you can plan it unless your dr. is offering you induction. But go with what will be easier for you personally. That is all that really matters.
i was thinking the same thing

um i would let the baby come when he or she is ready and go from there.
woolfulcomforts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #14
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe your baby has a sence of humor and you will pop tomorow LOL

I had had my mom with me when i birthed my still born twins and swore i would never do that again. Well, she showed up at the hospital with dd2 and i didnt know i was only going ot be in labor fo 45 min. so my mom got to see her be born on her lunch hour LOL, But again, not my prooreity. My mom drove me NUTS when i was in labor, but is ever greatful she got to see the kids be born. Now she is my babysitter when i have kids... LOL

Anyway, I dont know what to tell you.My hubby is a work a holic so i never see him after i have a baby. He runs back to work the next day and continues his long hours. (15+ hours). So i am NO help. I dont want my mom around me when i am in labor, and hubby is useless once we have the baby LOL
Old 09-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #15
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

#1 IMO it's more important to have dh there for a week+ than mom for a few days.

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #16
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_heidi
I don't know. I am like you and I overthink it. I would probably go with #1 and ask my mom if she could get here earlier.
I am with you on this one, I over think, drive myself nuts and have to take a dose of Valerian root to calm myself down
Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #17
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think #1 works the best!

That being said, I have to tell you my story! London was my baby! we co-slept, I was never away from her for more than just a few hours at a time, and usually, those hours were spent calling to see if she was ok. She was NEVER away from me overnight, and the shear thought would almost give me a panic attack!
So then, I go into labor with Robynne. I KNEW London was going to be staying with my MIL, but I was SO WORRIED about London, that my mind was really focused on if she was ok or not (luckily, they left only 20 minutes before Robynne was born.... so I didn't have to think about it that much while I was in labor.... it was that night when I coudln't sleep). The next day, when my MIL brought London back, she said she was an ANGEL! She didnt' cry, she wasn't scared. It was an adventure to her! LOL!

London was 24 1/2 months old when Robynne was born. I'm not sure how old your dd will be, but I'm sure she'll do fine. I was really paranoid, espeically since they weren't staying at our house, but at MIL's house, but London did great!

Anyway, I would rather have my dh have more time with me and the baby than my mom! So I think #1 is the best option!

CONGRATULATIONS!
sorry for the
Old 09-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #18
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To me, I'd choose #1. From the way you worded the options (maybe your subconscious coming through...) it sounds like you also want to go with #1. I'd either see if your mom can come a bit earlier or just go for it. It was VERY important to me to have dh home with me for as long as possible after birth because thats when the worst of my ppd hits (1st 2wks). And you'd also have some "alone" bonding time with the new baby & dh before your mom came too & thats always nice.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #19
chineseinacan
Registered Users
seller

another vote for #1. It sounds like it is the most convenient for all involved, except your mom. You asked her to come earlier and she chose not to. If she can change her plans, great. If not, bummer.
chineseinacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #20
Gloria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say #1 too, then you can have DH there for longer and your Mom can get there when she gets there. My DH had to go back to work the next day after Brett was born and he never got to actually take off at all. It was terrible! I cried and cried and cried (ppd)!! I dont want to go through that again. Now he is working a job when he can take off so he is planning on more than a week so Im relaxed about it now. I would just want that DH snuggle time for you and the baby, that seemed like the only thing that helped me
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote