Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #11
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trying to lose weight while breastfeeding

i'd love a WL buddy too...my baby is 11 days, but #5 in 8 1/2 years!
i have put on about 65lbs total since my first baby, and have a goal of 50lbs to lose! I am also breastfeeding my new DD! I am thinking of doing a breakfast and dinner juicing of fresh veggies/fruits if I can and mostly fish and salads/steamed veggies/wheat pasta sometimes too for meals! I know my problem will be breads/sodas/sugars mostly!
I am going to weigh myself in the morning and see what I can do by my 6 week check-up which is in about 4 weeks!

Advertisement

David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
julieberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been trying to lose weight too. I just started this week by dropping soda completely, and either having one cup of coffee or a juice a day. I'm also trying to drink more water.
My DH needs to lose weight too, so I took most of the junk out of our pantry and made granola bars, granola for us and cut up a bunch a fruit for the fridge. I also added yogurt and blueberries for breakfast and a salad with dinner so that we limit our main dish. We are carbaholics. Usually when I go grocery shopping I eat a loaf of french bread. Very bad.
I also want to try to eat more fish and less red meat and I've started biking to the park.
Those are just the things I'm hoping will help us.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #13
iamawahm
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I am on the same boat as you , i am also breastfeeding and trying to lose weight. It is so hard and i have cut out soda and cut my coffee back to just oen cup in the morning. I need to exercise more. I just sometimes lose focus and when I am not seeing any improvments and my weight not going down i get so depressed.
iamawahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea Im with you all too. I begin to think I'll just never lose the weight. Its been my struggle for 8 years. Although I try to lose it and everyone turns and says wow you look good. My mind interprets that like ooo go ahead and treat yourself tonight. and i then i gain it all back. Ive been trying to walk but then it rained for 2 weeks straight and now its like ive lost my motivation. I gained 100lbs with my son which took me from size 8 to a size 26! I was back down to almost a size 14 last summer, then i got pregnant. Now.. Im back up to a 22!!! Mind you my son is 7 years old I feel disgusting, and thats a first. And I know only I can do something but its like ive given up. I even signed up for the gym but by the time i actually find the time to go IM BEAT!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
megviolet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Losing weight while breastfeeding is the same as losing weight anytime. Portion control, healthy food choices, limit sweets and fats, and excercise everyday.

I have 4 lbs to lose still. I gained 45 lbs when i was pregnant (15 lbs in the last 3 weeks )
I ate very healthy while pregnant and since and drink a ridiculous amount of water (I always have- like 90+oz a day) and i walk and walk and walk as well as do some yoga. The weight has come off steadily at a really slow rate, like 3 lbs a month. Then last month i just dropped 10 lbs for no particular reason
Do your best to be healthy and the weightloss part will fall into place.
Mama to ~Elizabeth Melody~ since May 2007 and expecting Baby #2 June/July 2010!
Bwing-BFing-CDing-CoSleeping-NonVaxing SAHM
Canadian
megviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I lost 26 pounds from running and Weight Watchers last year all while exclusively breastfeeding my baby and nursing my older son, too! Be sure to drink to thirst and use all your WW points!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Luke'sMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyNLilysMommy View Post
Yea Im with you all too. I begin to think I'll just never lose the weight. Its been my struggle for 8 years. Although I try to lose it and everyone turns and says wow you look good. My mind interprets that like ooo go ahead and treat yourself tonight. and i then i gain it all back. Ive been trying to walk but then it rained for 2 weeks straight and now its like ive lost my motivation. I gained 100lbs with my son which took me from size 8 to a size 26! I was back down to almost a size 14 last summer, then i got pregnant. Now.. Im back up to a 22!!! Mind you my son is 7 years old I feel disgusting, and thats a first. And I know only I can do something but its like ive given up. I even signed up for the gym but by the time i actually find the time to go IM BEAT!
mama! I totally hear what you're saying! It's so hard to be motivated to exercise after you're exhausted from chasing the kidlets around and keeping up with all of your other responsibilities!!
Luke'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #18
xkellyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

About a year and a half before I got pregnant I lost 50lbs on weight watchers. Then when I got pregnant my midwives insisted that I eat 2000 calories a day and I gained every pound back!

Since Gweeny's birth three months ago. I have been able to EBF and still loose weight while following WW plan for nursing moms. You can totally do it with out going to the meetings. I went to the meetings for a year, and after a while I got really tired of listening to people make up excuses and whine about being fat. (that sounds insensitive, but anyone who has ever been to a ww meeting when it's been hijacked knows the feeling).

I found that if you follow the rules, the weight comes off fairly easily and consistently. Break the rules, and then facing the scale that week SUCKS!

So far I've gone from 171 to 139.6- I'm working back to me PPW of 123.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #19
Amby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Losing weight is about calories but also portion control with my last baby I got gestational diabetes which was a blessing for the first time in my life I learned how to right. After he was born I started a group to teach and help others how to lose weight free of charge I was 191 last September and I just reached 145 I have been a slacker the last month or so. There are eight of us in my group and we average about 5lbs a month each in weight lost. We have little prizes as motivators. We meet once a month and talk about are ups and downs and share recipes and ideas and the person with the highest points wins here is my point system if you are interested
Daily Vitamin- 2 points, Exercise- 5 points for each 20 minutes, Veggies and Fruit -5 points for 3 servings of each, Calories- 5 points if you stay within 150 or under of recommended amount 2 points if you go over 150 and under 250 of recommended, Weight- 1 point for each pound lost
I am religious so the last two may not apply but it sure seems helpful Scripture Study - 2 points, Prayer- 2 points.

I started a summer 10 week partner program for about 20 women where I will give challenges weekly and when completed they get pts and at the end of the summer we are going to have a potluck and see who are winners are.

I highly recommend you find a group of women in your neighborhood who would like to do something similar. It's a big motivator. I am hoping to get back on the ball and to lose another 10 lbs by the end of July. Yes and I am breast feeding... I eat about 1600 calories a day and drink tons of water and I exercise for an hour or so a day to and I got rid of all my plates and replaced them with nine inch plates. The key to losing weight is desire and motivation. you can do it even if it seems so slow. I weigh myself everyday so that I can relish in just a few ounces lost. Good luck to you all. I would happy to answer any questions at all if you want a good idea for portion control checkout lookup the words 'plate planner' online9 I can't post a link yet I don't have enough posts yet but it will take you to a plate that shows and explains portions I printed it out and have it on my fridge.
Amby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:21 AM   #20
KristenDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 7 months pp and I have lost 64lbs and still wanna lose 30 more! I am listening to this post too!
KristenDay is offline   Reply With Quote