Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nothing like 1st tri illness!

I seem to recall starting every pregnancy off with a cold. This time, it's bronchitis. I'm in agony. I can't sleep because I can't stop coughing. I was told to take Mucinex and wait a few days before filling my script for Zithromax to be sure whether it's bacterial or viral, and Tylenol for the pain. But the coughing is frequent, as is the sinus congestion and runny nose. I feel awful and all I want to do is sleep but I can't. Any suggestions? I'm calling my OB's office in the morning to find out if there is anything OTC that I can take to get some rest, but in the meantime...arrrrrg! My head feels like it's going to explode and I'm so tired!

Anybody else in the same boat?

Advertisement

Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
marķa
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Nothing like 1st tri illness!

marķa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 AM   #3
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

I hope that you feel better soon Carrie.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 AM   #4
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Well, I don't have much right now but I will check my natural pregnancy book and see what you can do for all your sickies

In the future, get yourself some Umcka (from a health food store) It's a homeopathic remedy for colds and you take it at the very first sign of a cold, take it 3-5 times a day and it will GREATLY reduce your symptoms and the time it takes to go away. Usually colds last up to 2 weeks but when I started using this about 2 years ago, I rarely have a cold that lasts more than 3 days! Only side effect is a shorter cold

It's safe for kids and PG and nursing mama's For coughing get another homeopathic remedy called Chestal. It tastes like honey, you take it every couple hours and works nicely. My kids love this stuff and you don't feel all dried out and drugged out with no side effects.

Keep up your immunity by taking a daily dose of GSE (grapefruit seed extract) our family takes it everyday to keep from getting sick. Right now, Claire's class (2nd grade) has several cases of Strep throat so I am especially viligent in giving her daily dose of the GSE so she won't get it.

I am sorry you are sick now, I will look at my book in a bit and see what will make you feel better NOW
Old 09-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #5
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im not in that boat. BUt I have sufered a horrible kindey and bladder infection for a frew weeks now. I go to the OB tday and i am relieved, though i will say, now that my fever is gone, i had another sleepless night..
I hope we can both get some relief
Old 09-20-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth
i will say, now that my fever is gone, i had another sleepless night..
I hope we can both get some relief
You can take Valerian root while PG. That is greatly helpful for PG insomnia
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #7
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

keegans_mommy - You are an AWESOME resource!!! Even though I've used homeopathic remedies before for pink eye and yeast infections, for some reason I didn't think of it in this case! Let me know what you find for now, and I'll have to get some of that GSE to help in the future! I'll have to look for that Chestal, too... Got anything good for congestion?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #8
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

It just says to drink tons of liquids to thin secretions. I know the Umcka helps with symptoms to a certain extent but if they don't get the chance to really get going, they aren't too bad to begin with.

I would go to the healthfood store and get a tea formulated for colds or ask them about congestion remedies while PG.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Do you have a humidifier/ vaporizor to use. I never think to use it for myself but it is one of the first things I get out for the kids. So just in case you didn't think of that. I bought my Dd some of the baby vicks and it has Lavendar and Eucalyptus(I think, I can't find the jar right now).

I hope you find something to help you feel better. I had a bad round w/ some kind of cold when I was preggo w/ my 2nd DD and ended up pulling the muscle between my ribs, that was so painful and hard to manage since I was preggo.

Take care and feel better soon. :hug s:
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #10
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG, does it ever end?! Now I have pink eye, too!!! SIGH...

I used the humidifier last night. I get these sinus infections-turned-bronchitis frequently so I know about how close to the end I am by my symptoms. Today I'm getting more clogged up and have less of a runny nose. So probably 2 more days of this... At least I got some sleep last night.