Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What do you use at night ?

We have used sposies at night since DD was about 3mo because Cloth has never worked at night for one reason or another. If it wasnt stink problems it was leak problems or major bulk issues so i just said the heck with it went to sposies for night and they worked great.

But now that she is EC/PL (its a mix) she doesnt always pee at night so a sposies is a huge waist but the times that she does pee she floods the diapers and wakes up soggy.

Lastnight I put her in a Bummis Super Brite with a 3layer MF insert, trifolded infant PF, and a trifolded preemie PF and within 2 hrs she was soaked to the bone and was leaking out the back.

I am at a huge loss on what to use at night. I really hate to keep using sposies and then tossing them out when they are dry. I sold everything except my PFs and they do not work for her at night at all.

I have some HH trainers on the way from and awesome mama on here but the only inserts that I have are some MF wonderfuls.

Help me figure this out please !

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you use at night ?

I have my son in sposies at night too...which I hate, but I know the AIOs I have won't cut it. I take him to pee sometimes at night, but lately, he has been getting too upset with that, so I've backed off. Most of the time he's dry until 2 in the morning and then the diaper is full in the morning. Does she let you bring her in the middle of the night? that might help...even if you bring her once.

You're right about the flooding pees I think it's because they learn to hold it so long and then let it out all at once...the cloth might not be able to keep up! I'm considering getting some pocket diapers for him at night.

Why are you throwing out dry sposies? If it was me, and they were dry, I'd just use them the next night.

I'll be watching to see if anyone has any ideas!

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

You need more than just a preemie PF! We use GAD red-edge PF's (no bulk w/ GAD's) w/ a preemie PF layed flat inside, all under a BSWW. Never a leak!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets View Post
You need more than just a preemie PF! We use GAD red-edge PF's (no bulk w/ GAD's) w/ a preemie PF layed flat inside, all under a BSWW. Never a leak!
I had a MF wonderfuls insert with a trifolded infant and then a preemie pf on top of all that and she soaked it in 2 hrs !
Old 05-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

do you co-sleep? do you notice when she wakes to pee? what i did when DD and DS were both at this point (mostly waking up dry, but occasionally peeing at night still) was to let them sleep nakey on a lambskin and put the little potty right next to the bed. as soon as they squirmed, i sat them on the potty. and at that stage they never peed more than once a night.

or if you don't co-sleep (or you don't notice she's waking until it's too late), you could potty her before you go to sleep (presuming that's a few hours after you put her to bed). that would probably be enough to get the last of the pee out of her and hold her till the morning. i had a friend whose DS had bed-wetting issues (he was like 5) and when she started peeing him (mostly still asleep) before she went to bed around 11pm, he stopped peeing in the bed.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She pees before bed time but never enough, just like a little tinkle.

We half cosleep. She starts the night off in her bed and then when she wakes to nurse (yes, at 15mo she still does not STTN )I bring her to bed with me. I have tried potty-ing her at night when she wakes but she just screams her head off, hits me and wakes DH so I dont even mess with that anymore.

And there is just something icky about using a sposie again even though its dry. I jsut cant bring myself to do it. If it was cloth and dry, I would totally reuse it the next night.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Can you try layering premium toddler PF's? I find them more absorbent than MF.
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
goldmama22
Registered Users
seller

The only thing that would hold my older dd was a poly PUL pocket diaper with two hemp prefolds. I highly recommend hemp for nighttime.

Megan
goldmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmama22 View Post
The only thing that would hold my older dd was a poly PUL pocket diaper with two hemp prefolds. I highly recommend hemp for nighttime.

Megan

How do you keep it from stinking at night ? That was always my problem with the hemp.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
goldmama22
Registered Users
seller

Oh yeah it reeked by morning. But if she's now only peeing sometimes you'll only have to deal with it on those days... especially if she lets loose close to wake-up time in the morning, the pee won't be sitting there for hours at a time. I just dealt with it so I didn't have to use sposies... and FWIW, I'd reuse a dry sposie too.

Megan
goldmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote