Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
CindyLynn
Registered Users

My Mood:
cramping when BFing

Do you remember the contractions you felt right after your LO was born every time they BF? I am TTC and I am getting these same mild contractions. The first time, they where linked to M/C. Why would I be getting these BF contractions?? Is this going to prevent me from getting Preg.? Could they be signs that I was Preg.? Thank you for your help.

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
CindyLynn
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: cramping when BFing

Old 05-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish I knew....however, I do know that only a few people really have problems carrying a baby while breastfeeding. Some women are sensitive to the hormones that are produced while BFing...so it is possible you are one of those people, but also MORE possible that you are not. I BF my DD until she was 21 months old, and until I was 12 weeks pregnant (I did experience some mild cramping while nursing, but nothing that was alarming to me). I weaned her only because I wanted her to be independent of me by the time the baby was born--for her benefit not mine Anyway, If your DR thinks you could be sensitive to the hormones given off while BFing, and you want to conceive...I would wean...otherwise, it might just be that since early miscarriages are so common (however, not any less painful emotionally), BFing may not have had anything to do with your m/c and if you have a healthy pregnancy, BFing is not going to cause you to m/c. Anyway...I hope that makes sense. I also hope something I said was helpful!!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
CindyLynn
Registered Users

My Mood:

Has anyone had the same experience? Please, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
CindyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
Jenette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have contractions but a month or 2 before I was pregnant with DS and 3 years after I stopped feeding DD I was lactating.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
CindyLynn
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
I wish I knew....however, I do know that only a few people really have problems carrying a baby while breastfeeding. Some women are sensitive to the hormones that are produced while BFing...so it is possible you are one of those people, but also MORE possible that you are not. I BF my DD until she was 21 months old, and until I was 12 weeks pregnant (I did experience some mild cramping while nursing, but nothing that was alarming to me). I weaned her only because I wanted her to be independent of me by the time the baby was born--for her benefit not mine Anyway, If your DR thinks you could be sensitive to the hormones given off while BFing, and you want to conceive...I would wean...otherwise, it might just be that since early miscarriages are so common (however, not any less painful emotionally), BFing may not have had anything to do with your m/c and if you have a healthy pregnancy, BFing is not going to cause you to m/c. Anyway...I hope that makes sense. I also hope something I said was helpful!!!
Thank you. This is helpful.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
sheri77
Registered Users
seller

Wish I knew mama, I would ask your MD if they have any thoughts on the matter.
sheri77 is offline   Reply With Quote