Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Travelling with cloth.. advice wanted!

Hi ladies! I have never travelled while using cloth but I am up to the challange! I have two in diapers though so it might be difficult. i realized this morning that we haven't bought Selah sposies in over a month and we've been totally out for maybe 5 days- and I would rather not buy more. We are going to see Nana in NY and she does have a washer but not a dryer (she lives in a city apartment and line dries everything). She won't mind me using her machine. I plan to do one major load, probably Saturday morning. We will be there Friday afternoon till Sunday evening. So my questions...

When you travel what do you bring? What do you leave at home? What's good for long car rides? How many sposies do you bring?? Any advice would help a lot! Thank you!!!

Advertisement

Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Travelling with cloth.. advice wanted!

I recently used cloth with my dd on a weekend trip to my in-laws 4 hours away. I put her in a fuzzi fannies pocket for the trip, and changed her into another ff pocket, at the half-way point when we stopped for gas.

In the diaperbag I packed 6 Daisy Doodles shells w/ inserts, 12 extra daisy doodles inserts, 3 fuzzi fannies pockets, and 2 FB's for the overnights. We use premium prefolds as inserts in the pocket diapers. And, the travel container full of sposie wipes....(haven't converted to cloth wipes yet...). Of course we took the wetbag, and a few gallon size ziplocs and just stored them up for the return trip...my inlaws do not have a washer/dryer, so I had to wait until we returned home Sunday night to do the laundry.

It worked out just fine, no problems, just like we were at home, except that instead of my cute baskets/changing table, I pulled the diapers out of the bag, and used their couch....and instead of the diaperpail, we tossed into the wetbag.

I don't carry sposies anymore, although for the first few weeks of CDing, I always had two in the diaperbag.....
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We only use PUL pockets so that is all I use when on vacation.
We still do use disposables for nights so I brought just enough for each night that we would be away. If for some odd reason we needed more I would have just gone to the local store and bought a bag.

I find that it really is no diffrent then being at home, but DH would rather just use disposables for vacations that are longer then 5 days.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just took a short trip and used sposies because my parents didn't have a washer (just moved and had to buy one). However, on the next trip I'm hoping to use CDs. I think I will take prefolds and wool because they're just easier to pack (no inserts, easier to fold or stuff between things, no velcro and so on). That's just my preference though. If I wasn't so addicted to wool I would probably do PUL pockets...but that was way before my wool addiction started and now I can't seem to go a day without at least using wool once (we've been going coverless lately) .

HTH!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When we went to my moms for easter I had only been using CDs for a month. I took my pockets, it was only 1 overnight though, I too 12 dipes just in case. I put them in my pail liner when used & just brought them home. If we go for a weekend, I will wash dipes the night before we leave, then wash the day we come home or just bring them all home. It really wasnt any harder than using sposies
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
MilkOnDemand
Registered Users
seller

When we go on vacation we are going for 9 days. I'm taking 36 prefolds, 3 fitteds for nights, 2 longies, 2 soakers and 2 pairs of shorties. This will let me wash after 3 days without issue.
MilkOnDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
Meisubaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When we travel (always by van not plane)I never bring sposies heck I don't even have any to bring! I put Ashton in a Wonderoo with 2 MOE microfiber inserts. We change at every pit stop we make so hes not in a wet diaper any longer than expected if we can't get to a rest area. Where ever we stay I do laundry there and I always try to have it all washed up when we leave so I am not carting a bunch of stinkies home with us. I love seeing ladies faces in the restrooms in each state as they see me take a cloth diaper off him and not some sposie! It sure does make our stops longer for all the conversations I get into about our fluff! But hey if I can promote it then so be it, I will take all the time I need to!
Meisubaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the help! I am actually excited about going on a trip with cloth. I know my MIL has told people that we use/make CDs so I am anxious to show some off.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote