Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP- 11 mo old refusing ONE side- weaning question

I would not wean to a bottle. Dd1 was FF and we took her off the bottle at 1. It sounds like he is already taking a sippy so you are set there!

If he doesn't want your lower producer, than don't offer that side. You can easily sustain a baby by only nursing on one side. That will make all the mik he needs!

Shoot....I forgot when you wanted to wean him by and how quickly you need to start taking your meds to TTC. If you can wait until he is a year you won't have to supplement at all. BM or formula is the main source of nutrition for the entire first year of life, so unless you start giving him formula until he turns one, you would want to wait to wean him until then. Also, I wouldn't give him whole milk until after he turns one as their tummy's are developmentally ready to break it down until then.

I definitely agree to take out the least interesting session for him first. When I weaned dd2, I did a session a week unless she was having a hard time, then I waited a few extra days. You can give him snacks or do something special during that time.

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #12
clkafka
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wanted to add that if he will not take a sippy, we used a regular cup or a small sports bottle. My ds never had a sippy. He didn't like them.
and Izabelle & Maraliese, Jan 17, 2008

Trying to live each day for Him
ISO: ML GADs, M SS BB Minky & SS girly Fitteds.
clkafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #13
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Read Mothering YOur Nursing Toddler for great weaning tips and tricks at any age. It is really a wonderful book no matter how long you decide to breastfeed. Best of luck mama.