Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
MeredithRX
Registered Users

My Mood:
Low Profile Nursing Pads?

I never had a problem with leaking with my other two kids, but for some reason, I'm dealing with it this time. So, I have very little experience with wearing nursing pads.

Every one I put on is very visible through my shirt. Maybe it's because I'm large chested anyway? I'm walking around with two very noticeable circles preceeding me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for trimmer or lower-profile nursing pads? Maybe they need to be larger to cover more area instead of just the normal "circle"? I guess I'm just really self-conscious! I'm heading back to work this week and I'd really appreciate not drawing more attention to myself (beyond the pumping breaks I'll be sneaking away for anyway ).

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
zoies mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Low Profile Nursing Pads?

LILY PADZ!!! I love these! I wish I had found them sooner. They are clean siliconish (is that a word?!) petal shaped "pads". They are self stick, kinda like those sticky hands that kids play with, that get sticky again when you wash them with soap, KWIM? Clear as mud, huh?
I can wear them with a thin bra, and a thin tshirt, and you can't see them. They keep you from leaking by pressure. You can also go braless with them. Google, or I see them FSOT sometimes. They're around $20, but you really only need one pair.
HTH!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I personally am not a fan of Lily Padz, as they caused me to break out and get a nasty red rash (went away as soon as I stopped using them) and apparently was a common reaction. Also, you have to replace them every 2 months, according to their site. I would guess that since you are larger chested, maybe get a 6" diameter pad? Maybe work with a WAHM for an absorbant pad. I use Ama'z Padz super absorbent pads because I am a mega leaker (and still let down on both sides at 8 months with every feeding)
Old 05-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
sheri77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoies mom View Post
LILY PADZ!!! I love these! I wish I had found them sooner. They are clean siliconish (is that a word?!) petal shaped "pads". They are self stick, kinda like those sticky hands that kids play with, that get sticky again when you wash them with soap, KWIM? Clear as mud, huh?
I can wear them with a thin bra, and a thin tshirt, and you can't see them. They keep you from leaking by pressure. You can also go braless with them. Google, or I see them FSOT sometimes. They're around $20, but you really only need one pair.
HTH!

I second getting LilyPadz-they rock! I too wish I had found them sooner. As for the wierd rash that some get, do you have skin allergies or break out easily to things? If so, you may be more prone to having that rxn.
PS. I just purchased a new pair-since ds "stole" one while I was nursing dd and its gone-from www.mom4life.com they were the cheapest I could find.
sheri77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #5
mmneilson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a few suggestions. First, are your nursing bras padded (as in lined, not push-up)? The padding will conceal the most unflattering nursing pad. They have great padded bras for around $20 at Motherhood.

Also, I am a heavy leaker but wanted washable pads, and I discovered Dr. Brown's washable nursing pads... so awesome! The are really big (6 in.?), contoured, no darts, soft jersey against your skin, and I have yet to have a leak (they have a breathable waterproof layer). And pretty lace on the outer layer helps keep them in place. These are the only nursing pads I can wear with an unlined bra. And they are so absorbent I can wear one pair all night. Once I discovered these I bought 5 boxes (4 pads/box)!

I do not like LilyPadz much... I have a pair for a special occasion (like for a strapless dress or a bathing suit), but I find them to be too much trouble for every day use, as I have to rinse/dry them after each feeding because I get a little pool of milk trapped in them (can't ever seem to get a truly air-tight seal).

In the way of disposables, I thing the Lansinoh brand has the most subtle fit, as they are big and thin and pink.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also love lilly padz, but only wear them when I am going out. I'm a SAHM and go braless at home...so wearing them all day/everyday might be different. Also, I like the lansinoh brand ones. They are thinner than any others I've seen, very absorbant, and seem to blend in the best for me. I agree with pp, maybe getting a slightly padded bra would help too.