Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #11
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New here and have a question

Awesome thanks for the info! I am so getting some!! THANK YOU!

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Target sells nursing tanks for pretty cheap. That way you can lift up your outer shirt and not show any belly.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much hun I will look there too! I dont mind if its a shirt or under shirt.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #14
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You sounds like you are getting great information, you can do it!

The freedom to nurse your baby while youa re out will really free you up to go and do anything and everything you want.

My Dh and I go to dinner, and shopping and everything and we just take the baby. She just eats were ever she is hungry and I have never had anyone say anything unkind or rude to me.

I do however have people ask me if she is sleeping, lol!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #15
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by odentonmom View Post
I completely understand! I only ever felt comfortable NIP wearing a nursing top, because it kept my belly covered and helped me cover up well.

Here is a style that I have in several colors. I bought most of my nursing tops on clearance and sale at Motherhood Maternity stores in local malls. I prefer the ones with hidden underneath layers with dual nursing slits, here are pictures of some of the different styles. They call the kind I like, ALL AROUND NURSING UNDERLAYER. I use the top layer to arrange covering my breast and sort of tuck it under my thumb of the hand I was using to support my breast. That way if DS moved, it stayed in place. People rarely realized what I was doing. To anyone other than a fellow BFing mama, it really just looks like you are holding a sleeping baby when they are small.
Here is a good picture:
And the mamas on the Motherwear site are really nursing moms. I recognize some of them from that show Runway Moms. I think it is really cool that they want to show moms actually nursing in their nursingwear.

Some mamas like to wear nursing tanks under regular shirts, but I never really did that. But that is a good way to get coverage without buying many new items.

HTH.
My oldest saw this and immediately said "She's feeding the baby!"

The more you do it, the more you get used to it! I was so nervous in the beginning, but now, it's nothing. Target nursing tanks are great to have under your shirt. I don't like my belly exposed either
Old 05-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #16
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to thank everyone so much! Reading your comments has made me want to go buy tanks(sometime this week) and start doing it! My DH is glad I asked too he said it was about time I got the confidence to do it in public and if anyone cares they can shove it!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #17
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I wanted to thank everyone so much! Reading your comments has made me want to go buy tanks(sometime this week) and start doing it! My DH is glad I asked too he said it was about time I got the confidence to do it in public and if anyone cares they can shove it!
Yay for your DH!
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #18
MRL2611
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good for your DH!! I agree with everyone here. The more you do it the better you get at it! My dh took a pic of me nursing dd at the pool today and while I think i am showing- I wasn't at all!
Old 05-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #19
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very nice pic, Misty.

I agree that when we think a lot is showing that is not the case. I think that is why you hear the suggestion about trying it in front of a mirror. When you look down, all you see is boob. Yikes! But, to someone across from you, they have a much different point of view.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #20
spryght
Registered Users
seller

I'ld like to third (or fourth lost count) the Target tanks. I live in mine. They are so comfy and provide good coverage when combined with a big t-shirt.

Amy