Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Potty train already dangit!

Anyone else going through this frustration? I never thought I'd get to the point where I was ready to not CD my son. I would really like him to be fully using the potty...I mean REALLY. He's a little over 3 and is about half potty trained. He poops on the potty all the time. He hasn't pooped in his diaper in probably a month and a half. He still pees in his diaper though and I was so hoping we wouldn't have to buy him anymore dipes but he's outgrowing his medium covers and quickly. Argh. I am really ready to get our stash done.
I wish he'd just learn to use the potty already. Anyone else? That's all..vent over.

Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
knoxmama81
Registered Users
seller

Re: Potty train already dangit!

My DD just turned 2 in Feb. but, she was almost fully Pled a couple months ago and now a few weeks ago she started refusing to use the potty. She won't go in it at all now. The bad part is we had just started CDing her when we started PLing her and we only own 6 pockets in her size. We are washing every day and sometimes twice a day! So, the BG 3.0's I got thinking they would be used mainly for the new baby are already getting quite worn. I finally got in an order of some GMD prefolds and several covers for her (supposed to be here tomorrow) and will get her a few more pockets. But, I don't know why she was fully PLed and now she won't go at all. So I feel your pain. I was very happy thinking she would be fully PLed by Sept. when our 3rd little girl is due. I guess they PL when they are ready.

PLing is very frustrating!
knoxmama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

We had the opposite problem! DS would pee in the potty, but not poop. He'll be 4 in august, and JUST over the weekend started really getting it. He's not had an accident since thursday
It will come in time! We taught ds to pee outside...it works if you live in the country!
Let them pee on tires, trees, WHATEVER HELPS! boys like targets
Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I keep telling myself that. When I get frustrated I repeat to myself "he'll do it when he's ready. he'll do it when he's ready."
Old 05-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanner03 View Post
We had the opposite problem! DS would pee in the potty, but not poop. He'll be 4 in august, and JUST over the weekend started really getting it. He's not had an accident since thursday
It will come in time! We taught ds to pee outside...it works if you live in the country!
This is a GREAT idea! We have woods behind our house so maybe I'll try this. My neighbors won't be thrilled but heck, they aren't the ones doing the potty training. It's definitely warm enough to run around nakey here so I think I might start doing this...just gotta make sure he stays away from the poison ivy. EEks, that would NOT be good. Explain that to the ped.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
Jess86
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanner03 View Post
They sure do, my little brother learned when my Mom threw fruit loops in the toilet for him to "shoot"
Jess86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
chasingboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

my DS will be 3 in September and he is no where near potty learning! We're going to try again this summer. He's very very verbal (has been since a baby) a few months before he turned two (when we first tried PL) he told me, "mama, I will never pee or poop on the potty!"
Old 05-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingboys View Post
my DS will be 3 in September and he is no where near potty learning! We're going to try again this summer. He's very very verbal (has been since a baby) a few months before he turned two (when we first tried PL) he told me, "mama, I will never pee or poop on the potty!"
Old 05-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #10
melissab1011
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

i was getting really frustrated with everyone asked ..."is she potty trained yet.." over and over and over..then one day..right after her 3rd birthday..she took of her diaper..asked me for a diaper..i said hold on since I was doing breakfast..so she sat on the potty..and no looking back! he'll get it mama! when you least expect it..