Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #61
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty train already dangit!

Ok so I'm far behind on this discussion as I was feeling this way almost a year ago mama. On the other hand now he has been doing well for the past week. Almost staying completely dry, but he still has poopy accidents. I'm using the Gerber and a few other trainers in the mix, but mostly the 5ply gerbers'. It's funny because I wished he'd be so much better at telling mommy he needs to poop in the potty instead of hiding, but today it dawned on me that these undies are really helping him along. He started to poop and came straight to me saying "eewww mommy I need to poop" It was too late, but he tried bless his little soul. I'm just so proud of him. He's been very good for along time wanting to pee in the potty, but the poop is the hardest for him to let go. As I think about the prefolds I'm trying to sell and the rest of his diapering stash that we really don't need any longer. I start to have tears run down my face. We cannot have anymore children. I had an eptopic pregancy in 06' and lost both my tubes. We don't really have the income to adopt or try for more anyhow, but still I'm going to miss those years. He's 3 now and it's amazing how much of a big boy he's begining to be. I just want my baby back.

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #62
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty train already dangit!

BTW mamas I was talking to a good friend of mine. Her youngest twins are 5 now and she says all kids go through strikes. It doesn't mean to give up. I just let mine lead the way and he's happy about it and when he makes a boo boo I clean it up and we just go on about our day. No scoulding or yelling or anything. All I do is praise every little effort he's doing. You know how babies can go on a nursing strike for a day?? Well it's similar to that with our potty learners.