Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Please delete

Hi,
I belong to another forum like this one. I'm currently participating in a JT co-op and yesterday was the day to pay. My bill was about $140 and I had about $10 in paypal and the rest would be funded from my bank account.

The co-op hostess listed 3 different addresses to send $...funded, cc, and RME. I of course sent it to the funded.

I get an email today stating that she denied my paypal payment b/c it was from a debit card and she was being charged fees. WTH? So now I've received my $10 back, but now the $130 is in limbo (sitting in Paypal racking up interest for them). I searched on Paypal and found out that it can take up to 30 DAYS to get my $ back. I've been saving like a banchee for this co-op, and now it looks like I'm SOL on getting my stuff and my $.

I'm really pi**ed off to say the least. What can I do? I don't have another $130 to spend on this co-op.

Why didn't she just email me and say that I need to send her a little more for fees...I would have gladly done that to prevent this.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by Smidgerooski; 05-27-2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: please delete
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paypal denied...need advice

Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. Is your account backed with a credit card source? That's the only way a bank transfer would be considered "funded".

As for the $130 in limbo, I'm ss. I really think she could have at least asked for more money to cover the fees; Or see what could be done to work it out before immediately refunding you. I mean your order wasn't exactly a small one, kwim?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I think the only way it would show up as funded is if you have your actual checking account linked. If you used your debit card under the card section, that would be cc pp, even if its coming from your checking account.

Also, I have had funded pp refunded before because the seller had to many transactions and if she accepted that funded it would automatically make her pp premium... so I don't know.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyedgyal View Post
Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. Is your account backed with a credit card source? That's the only way a bank transfer would be considered "funded".

As for the $130 in limbo, I'm ss. I really think she could have at least asked for more money to cover the fees; Or see what could be done to work it out before immediately refunding you. I mean your order wasn't exactly a small one, kwim?
My paypal account is linked to my checking/debit card (same thing).

Yeah, I'm the only one who ordered more than $10 worth of stuff. You'd think she would have wanted to work something out.

Last edited by Smidgerooski; 05-27-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

It's because you used your debit card, which acts as a credit card in paypal and charges her fees to her funded account. Which she would have to upgrade her entire account to accept your money. There's no reason for her to accept it to her funded account when she gave you the CC option. I don't think she was trying not to work it out, she just didn't want to screw up her whole account for one person.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:

Yikes! How rude of her to simply not just ask you for the fee's- ((hugs))
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
AutoShopMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can ask her to contact pp and let them know that it's ok to release the $$ back to you. I had this problem with an online store a while back. It took a couple weeks, which was irritating, but it was just b/c the store wouldn't contact pp to let them know the money wasn't theirs. And even though it seems like the same thing, you have to have your actual checking account listed as well as a back-up credit card in order to send funded through your bank account. I had problems with this a while back and then when I called pp that's what they told me ... although it sounds like you already have it set up that way. Bummer. Can you contact her and try to work something out?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I looked in my Profile Summary and looked up my bank account and debit/credit cards. I have my bank account listed and my debit, and they both say primary.

It's always been funded in the past, why now? Is it b/c I have biz account now?

Thanks to everybody for being so helpful thus far
Old 05-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is some problem with PP. I paid for an item yesterday and discovered it was rerouting it to my cc which is not what I wanted. I tried to pay for something else today and it did the same thing so I called and complained. I was told that they were doing this for my own protection. I emailed and received a reply stating that the amounts I tried to send were too high and that is why they did this. That makes no sense as I sent $10 yesterday and $20 today! Idiots! And because I had to pay via cc it cost me more money!

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

If you had your checking account linked, I wonder why it used your debit card rather than an instant transfer from your account? I'd call PP and find out. I've never had them hold a refund for more than a couple of days. It's usually just until the original transaction clears your bank account, which can be 3-4 business days.

What a bummer! Good Luck!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote