Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: Paypal denied...need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmommyof8 View Post
There is some problem with PP. I paid for an item yesterday and discovered it was rerouting it to my cc which is not what I wanted. I tried to pay for something else today and it did the same thing so I called and complained. I was told that they were doing this for my own protection. I emailed and received a reply stating that the amounts I tried to send were too high and that is why they did this. That makes no sense as I sent $10 yesterday and $20 today! Idiots! And because I had to pay via cc it cost me more money!
B.S.!! They're doing it so they can make money from the fees. They can't take funds from your CC unless you authorize them to. I'd call back and talk to a supervisor ASAP. The whole point of having a CC linked is so that you can do instant transfers from your bank account when you don't already have funds in PP.

Advertisement

tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
B.S.!! They're doing it so they can make money from the fees. They can't take funds from your CC unless you authorize them to. I'd call back and talk to a supervisor ASAP. The whole point of having a CC linked is so that you can do instant transfers from your bank account when you don't already have funds in PP.
I just sent an email and will be calling if this doesn't get resolved. Those SOBs.
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

If she accepts YOUR payment it makes her account a premier account and she gets charged fees on EVERY payment funded or not! I would have done the same thing. That's why she has 2 different account, one to take credit cards and one to take funded.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #14
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is happening to a bunch of us. I've called twice and been told that there is nothing they can do to make sure that I CAN use an instant transfer next time, that it's a statistical risk thing that Paypal does on every transaction. Since this is happening to so many people, I think it's something on their end they need to look into. Smidge, if you call... come back and tell us what they say.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!

Last edited by Harmony96; 05-27-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadreJoyce View Post
Yikes! How rude of her to simply not just ask you for the fee's- ((hugs))
Because it doesn't work like that. If you have a personal acct AND a premier acct stricly for CC why take fees for your personal acct and then have to take a hit on fees from then on?!?!?!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

So, you have your bank acct linked with PP but it still made it a CC transfer?!?! Yikes. I'd call. Right away.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #17
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I just got off the phone w/ Paypal and I'm even more furious.

First off, they say it's all statistical...but we all know that's crap. They're trying to trick everyone into sending it as a cc instead of instant transfer...I wasn't paying attention yesterday when I sent the $ or else I wouldn't have sent it at all.

I spoke w/ a supervisor and he was just as stupid as the original lady I spoke with.

They started talking about a hierarchy of something or other and it took her a few minutes to finally explain to me wth a hierarchy was. I still don't understand it.

The supervisor told me it was for security reasons and that the seller I was dealing w/ had some negative feedback...not true. I told him that 30,000 of us were unable to send instant transfer and he didn't have anything to say.

They're full of crap and he would not answer one of my questions w/ a real answer...they were alllllllllllllllllll scripted.

I'm sooooooooooo fed up right now.

I won't see my $130 for 30 business days. My hubby is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #18
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

30 business days?
the longest pp held my money was 15 days and it sucked, i can't imagienethe high amount their holding of yours
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgerooski View Post
I told him that 30,000 of us were unable to send instant transfer and he didn't have anything to say.

I won't see my $130 for 30 business days. My hubby is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad
At least something you said made him speechless... like "um, where's my scripted response to THAT?" lol.

and I hope your DH isn't too mad at you.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #20
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
The person I spoke with said there was nothing that could be done and to use one of the several cc's I had linked to my account . I laughed and told him that some people I send money to don't accept cc payments. He didn't care. I think I'll start using my RME more . So somebody buy something from me and send me some RME .

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote