Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #21
~trying to evolve~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paypal denied...need advice

I have to add something here. When you are in charge of a co-op and you have a alot of people sending you payments, if you already have specifically said where "funded" goes, "unfunded" and RME, How is it the co-op managers job to have you figure out what kind of account you have? They have enough on them. I mean, they are working hard to help keep everything smooth, out of their own free time, kwim?
I belong to multiple co-op's and I can't see half the time why anyone would run one. The stress of everything is probably extremely overwhelming.

Advertisement

Last edited by ~trying to evolve~; 05-27-2008 at 07:56 PM.
~trying to evolve~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #22
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~trying to evolve~ View Post
I have to add something here. When you are in charge of a co-op and you have a alot of people sending you payments, if you already have specifically said where "funded" goes, "unfunded" and RME, How is it the co-op managers job to have you figure out what kind of account you have? They have enough on them. I mean, they are working hard to help keep everything smooth, out of their own free time, kwim?
I belong to multiple co-op's and I can't see half the time why anyone would run one. The stress of everything is probably extremely overwhelming.
Yes totally agree and applaud Bridget for running these co-ops. Bridget.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #23
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would have done the same thing if I were the co-op person because they get so large and it takes so much time. Hopefully they will make the time to call pp on your behalf but I wouldn't count on any results right away because after all it is PAYPAL
Old 05-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #24
Poohb10454
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow, that is really crappy!! I am so sorry.

I just had this happen to me as well. I had paid for something, with my debit card assuming it was funded. I realized it charged her fees and told her just to refund the money and I would send it funded. Well...when she refunded it put the money in limbo..I called paypal and they said it would be 15 to 30 days before it was back in my acct. I ended up having to take the 200 off a credit card and still pay fees....and it finally showed up in my acct 3 weeks later. I was so livid!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #25
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
Because it doesn't work like that. If you have a personal acct AND a premier acct stricly for CC why take fees for your personal acct and then have to take a hit on fees from then on?!?!?!
Actually, you CAN do up to 5 Credit Card transactions a year on a personal account, bu the fees are much higher than with a premier account.
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #26
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Well, I just went to send a penny from my personal account to my premier account and it was showing it as an instant transfer....weird that it's happening to some but not all....
Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #27
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo Bottoms View Post
Well, I just went to send a penny from my personal account to my premier account and it was showing it as an instant transfer....weird that it's happening to some but not all....
Same here and I have my debit card backing my paypal along with my bank account hooked up to it.
And in all fairness to OP I have never had to wait for a refund UNLESS the person who refunded me did not in fact have the money in their account. Every other time I have been refunded or partially refunded it went thru instantly.
ETA: Then again paypal is hit and miss and this is of course IME so not to be taken as gods honest truth

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!

Last edited by ~Peach~; 05-27-2008 at 09:54 PM.
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #28
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

I just thought of something

For those of you that this is happening with, is the card that you are using as your backup funding source the debit card for the bank account that is attached to your account? I'm wondering because a back up funding source (your debit card) is basically useless in that case because if pulling the funds from the bank account doesn't work (because you don't have the funds), the debit card won't either-just a passing thought....
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #29
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nevermind.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #30
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Posting my thought in a different thread since this one is about to get deleted!