Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #31
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paypal denied...need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo Bottoms View Post
I just thought of something

For those of you that this is happening with, is the card that you are using as your backup funding source the debit card for the bank account that is attached to your account? I'm wondering because a back up funding source (your debit card) is basically useless in that case because if pulling the funds from the bank account doesn't work (because you don't have the funds), the debit card won't either-just a passing thought....
My credit card IS my checking account's debit card. There is money in my checking account for the transactions.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #32
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
My credit card IS my checking account's debit card. There is money in my checking account for the transactions.
I'm not saying there isn't, what I am saying is, if they have somehow found a way to figure out that the card attached is actually your checking account card for the same checking account you have attached, that may be why they are doing it because your backup funding source is basically not really anything, since it is funds coming from the same exact source, kwim?
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #33
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm not saying there isn't, what I am saying is, if they have somehow found a way to figure out that the card attached is actually your checking account card for the same checking account you have attached, that may be why they are doing it because your backup funding source is basically not really anything, since it is funds coming from the same exact source, kwim?
While that could quite possibly be true I have my account set up the same way. I just don't get why it happens to some and not others?

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #34
Gracielou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please delete

On my premier account I have my debit card as a back up source too. I haven't had any of these problems yet. I bought something yesterday and was able to pay funded and transferred money to my new personal account and that arrived funded. I thinl from now on I'll just be transferring the money to my personal and uding that account to purchase. It only has a bank account attached it.
Gracielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:26 AM   #35
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also have my debit/credit card attached to my bank account as my back up funding. No problems here. Since i've been hearing about problems with pp, I've been double checking that they always have instant transfer selected.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #36
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~trying to evolve~ View Post
I have to add something here. When you are in charge of a co-op and you have a alot of people sending you payments, if you already have specifically said where "funded" goes, "unfunded" and RME, How is it the co-op managers job to have you figure out what kind of account you have? They have enough on them. I mean, they are working hard to help keep everything smooth, out of their own free time, kwim?
I belong to multiple co-op's and I can't see half the time why anyone would run one. The stress of everything is probably extremely overwhelming.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #37
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok, I understand now. But in my first call on this issue, when I complained about being charged on my credit card "instead" of my checking account, the rep advised me to use the credit card that's attached to my checking account, so the money will come out the same for me.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #38
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Ok, I understand now. But in my first call on this issue, when I complained about being charged on my credit card "instead" of my checking account, the rep advised me to use the credit card that's attached to my checking account, so the money will come out the same for me.

ah, my thoughts on PP customer service reps is "untrained" I don't trust anything that they say!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote