Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:07 PM   #11
ladylee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: need some help figuring out evan's symptoms....please help us out!

Seizures
Get checked out ASAP...immediately.
Please let us know.

Advertisement

ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh honey i am worried about him too, that is not cool and very scary, I would not wait for base, call the on call doc and tell him he just had one and that you NEED to go to the ER. You know me I am NOT a fan of docs or medicine but THAT needs to be checked it could be nothing or alot of scary things that I will not even say because google is NOT your friend when it comes to this.
Love ya hon I am up if you need to call!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
courtney_adkins05
Registered Users
seller

my oldest dd kaiden has had similar 'episodes' as the neurologists like to call them. the first one was last summer when we were playing in the patio splashing in some summer rain - all the sudden she lost all control over her body and went noodle on me. her eyes shook back and forth in her little head and she couldnt hold up her head. FREAKED ME OUT! i called her dr right away and explained what happened and how 10 minutes later she could still barely talk to me, seemed scared and confused about what happened. - she had just turned 2 and was very verbal normally. so about 20 minutes later i had her all wrapped up in my lap holding on very tight to me. out of the blue she said 'im ok now' ... since then she has done this a handful of times but usually just the eye shake. she senses it coming and will jump into my lap and say 'my eyes are shaking mommy' or just get really clingy and hold on to me like a cat over a tub of water. she is almost 3 now and we talk about it when it happens. she says she gets dizzy, things spin and she gets scared. we have no idea what causes it - no factors have been the same other than its her somewhere (anywhere) when it happens. we were admitted to the childrens hospital for a 24 hour eeg - she had the beginning of these episodes but nothing was caught on film OR on the tests so they kept us for 72 hours. electrodes stuck to a 2 yr olds head is NOT fun -- and we still have no reason why this ever happened. our pedi did say that a lot of children have these little things happen like a misfire in the brain but they grow out of it. she hasnt done it in a while...so maybe thats true?

GL. i know its scary when anything odd happens to your child. i know i freaked out thinking something was terribly wrong and still if she were to do it right now i again wouldnt know what to do. i'd think about the ER but by the time we'd get to the car it would be over ya know?
courtney_adkins05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #14
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son had diagnosed seizures...I would most definitely get this checked out ASAP...don't wait for the regular docs, it will take FOREVER to get into a neurologist and then get set up for an EEG. When you see it happen, either call 911 (the fastest route into the ER...you will get seen immediately and not have to wait in the waiting room) or take him yourself. Certain seizures can be harmless, just scary, but there are others that can do damage.

Good luck!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:04 AM   #15
life.sew.simple
Registered Users
Formerly: *home*mademama
seller

My little brother had seizures, it was very scary to watch....please take him in very soon....I will be praying...hugs hugs hugs Mama!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:14 AM   #16
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any word, mama?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #17
sbolen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If he does it again, try to get it on video.
The neurologists were very happy to see my daughter's seizure-like episodes on tape since she wasn't nice enough to do it for them in person.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #18
courtney_adkins05
Registered Users
seller

i second (or third or fourth) getting it on tape if possible. our pedi thought i was nuts at first because i was explaining and explaining how they happened and she never did it in front of him. i never could get to the camera fast enough - i felt like i needed to be by her side JIC and focusing on the camera was just too much for me to handle with a newborn, 'episodes' and video taping ----- however if i had been able to do all that maybe we would have an answer by now??
courtney_adkins05 is offline   Reply With Quote