Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

can i do anything to help me lost weight

I am breastfeeding my babies still and none of us are ready to wean but I have got to lose weight. I cna't take it anymore. I have gained 15 pounds since I moved and it is making me sick. Is there anything I can take or do that won't hurt my babies. Please don't flame me.

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can i do anything to help me lost weight

Weight Watchers. they have a program for breastfeeding mama's. I saw it when I went in.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Been there done that, i followed the eating plan but I gained weight. Go figure, I think I ate too many veggies because I was always hungry.

ETA Thanks for giving me ideas though.

Last edited by 1bigfamily; 09-21-2006 at 03:51 PM.
1bigfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:56 AM   #4
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

I don't know because I'm in the same situation. Nothing is working for me now and I feel awful. I'm sure it isn't helping that my hormones are out of whack w/ this AF that's been here over a month!
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:03 AM   #5
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marelle4381
Weight Watchers. they have a program for breastfeeding mama's. I saw it when I went in.
I highly recommend this!!! I added 10 points to my day to keep my milk supply up and I still lost weight! Also, make sure you are active.

One other thing to do to make sure your "system" is working correctly: do a colon cleanse! You should lose weight by doing that alone! I have read about people who have lost up to 15lbs by doing a colon cleanse alone! But anyway, it's like adding new oil to your car without draining the old oil. Your car will not run properly and the same way with your body if you keep adding food without a proper cleansing.

Ok, enough of me
Old 09-22-2006, 06:19 AM   #6
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey I just answered this in another spot
I am doing WW now with the nursing mothers program and lost 3.4lbs my first week!
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Yeah,I posted in both places to help me get answers. What is a colon cleanse? How do I do it?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #8
StormySar
Registered Users

You can try the CINCH program from Shaklee - it's an inch loss (and of course weight loss) plan that people have had spectacular results with - people all around me not just people you hear about. It's safe for nusing moms and if you arent' satisfied with how it works in your body you are return it all. The program is really well put together.

Let me know if you have questions, or visit http://www.cinchplan.com/motherhoodnaturally
StormySar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 AM   #9
3girlymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, you can do this.

I just lost 27 lbs, and am now back to my pre-preg weight of my first child (I have 3). We extend bf, and my little nursling now is 13 mo. We typically breastfeed for 2 1/2 years.

Anyway, I had a friend who just lost 70 lbs or so, in about 6 months. She's been overweight since I've known her. We met about 7 years ago. SHe was about 230...and last I saw her was about 160. I followed some of what she did, and in about 4-5 months my weight came off. Well...I had 10 or so lbs of baby weight to lose, and then another 15 that I gained from being on bc pills prior to my preg that I could never lose.

Here is what I did: Never eat until I was hungry. My friend is in a program with her Catholic church. You rate your hunger from 1 - 5. #3 being where your stomach starts to growl. You don't eat until you are at #3. Second thing, never eat more than a coffee mug size portion at your meals/sittings. If that means you need to stuff a mug to get your portion right, you stuff your mug. I never did that. I just ate a small portion. Third thing, you eat every 3 hours.

Keep in mind though, with nursing...you'll need to eat a bit more anyway...so take that into consideration. Weight lose may be slower, but still obtainable in the end.

So...smaller portions, eat more often. Didn't have any restrictions on what you eat.

There is something similar to this by a guy named Jorge Cruise. You can go to Amazon.com and search him for tons of books, etc. With him, it's basically the same as above. But, instead of a mug size portion, you eat 400 calorie meals with a 100 calorie snack inbetween each meal, then another snack at night after dinner. Everything, from times between meals and snacks, is still 3 hours apart.

Key is to eat smaller amounts, eat more often. If you don't, you start burning muscle and not fat for your weight loss. Then you just get tired and you're doing yourself no good. Eating this way also keeps your metabolism up.

Before you put the money into something...make the committment to yourself, and do this for yourself. Set small obtainable goals.

Also, exercise. Pilates is great. Get an exercise ball, one of those yoga or Pilates ones that comes with a dvd showing you exercises to use with it. These are very gentle things to do, and not too strenuous.

And...if you need a buddy to help keep ya on track...PM me and let's go! I've got a really bad back and need to maintain my exercising (which I hate) so I can use some one to kick me in the pants there.

You CAN do this . It takes motivation, determination, and self-discipline (oh, I need more of that myself)! Just believe in yourself.

LMK...I'll be looking out for your PM!

Last edited by 3girlymom; 09-23-2006 at 07:53 AM.
3girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote