Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #31
jodi5
Registered Users

Re: how long was dc in mediums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw
yeah my first ds followed that rule almost perfectly, second ds missed it (although he weighed too little)....apparently someone forgot to tell brighton about it LOL!!! he was 7 4 at birth, and now at 6 weeks old weighs 13 pounds.....i'm pretty sure he's going to have more than doubled his weight at 6 months!!!!!!!!! he's not far off from doing so right now. i was SO NOT expecting to have a 6 week old in medium dipes and 3/6 -6/9 month clothes.... this is me so confused LOL
Soudns like my son's measurements at that age. My son was 8lb13oz at birth, 15 lbs by 2 months old and in medium diapers with premium trimmed trifolded prefolds. By 4 months old he was 20 lbs. We have had a tough time with fit on diapers due to a bit bottom, lol, and big thighs. Anyways, now at 10 months old, he is get this 19 lbs and his medium diapers are starting to fit better than before. I think we will be in mediums for a long time. He still has big thighs and bottom, but they have trimmed a little, enough to make a difference in fit. I love a size medium WWB on him, especially the solid colours. I do fold in the sides of the front a bit on each side and had Amy shorten the aplix panel so I could do this to accomodate his bigger thighs, works great.

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #32
jodi5
Registered Users

Oh, incase anyone needs the info, I tried Happy Hempy fitted pockets at 2 months old and they were way too small in the rise. It is not like he was high in the weight range, but I had severe plumbers butt and a tough time even fastening the darn thing. I gave up. They are beautiful diapers though. I ended up going to prefold fitteds and eezi-fold diapers since these types can be adjusted so much in size since they have no fasteners.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #33
davechan2003
Registered Users
seller

DS was in mediums from 6 months, about 18lbs, until now at over 30lbs. Needless to say, I invested in mostly mediums for dd!
Old 09-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #34
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started Ethan in mediums when he was close to 4 months old. He's a big boy though. He's now 9 months (just turning) and still in his medium FBs at 22 lbs, but the rise is getting really short. I should have bought petite large FBs. I bought some large FBs and they are still huge in the waist. I have moved him to the large setting in bumGenius, but its kinda big. He's definitely in between - medium is a little small, large is al ittle big. So far, its okay though.