Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The rudest comments from my FAMILY!

For a quick back story, my mother FF all of us. She said she "tried" to nurse, but couldn't. Okay, fine. And she thinks it's "weird" that I still nurse Gianna at 13 months old.

So Memorial Day, I'm at my mom's with the whole family. My sisters, mom and I are all in my sisters bedroom chatting. Gianna comes in...and I pull her up on the bed with me. Being 13 months old, she knows what she wants and she's into pulling my shirt down to tell me she wants a nursie. So I just plop the b**b out and she latches. She's on her knees, next to me....it's not the typical cradle position, but sheesh, she's a toddler now! She's got more important things to do than lay down!

Well my mother makes this god-awful face like I'm beating her and I say "what?" and she says "that is NOT breastfeeding your child...that's...." and my youngest sister, 14, says "molestation."

I was highly offended. HIGHLY. How dare they? They all chuckled afterward, but it really pissed me off! I'm STILL burned about it days later.

For the record my family are all jerks, so this isn't shocking behavior for them. But it's just so disheartening when I think I'm doing the best for my daughter and the very woman that gave birth to me makes rude judgments. AND she tells me "I am entitled to make judgments, you are my daughter."

Now I'm all pissed off all over again.

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The rudest comments from my FAMILY!

Sounds like they need to decide if they want to see you guys anymore.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well the good news is we're most likely moving a few hours away (see siggy). So I won't have to deal with their crap.

But especially going through a separation (not that the husband is any better - he thinks my bf Gianna is a "crutch" to be able to stay home and not work. Idiot. But I digress...) I would just like to have a firm shoulder to lean on. And I don't have that anywhere. It's depressing.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Excuse me, but nursing a 13 month old is a crutch?! WOW. Sounds like he has some really good excuses for not wanting to be the man of the family. (NOT!)
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
lovespepper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Of course you are doing the best you can for your lo......sometimes ppl make rude comments because they are trying to justify what they did in the past.
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by togg_mama View Post
Excuse me, but nursing a 13 month old is a crutch?! WOW. Sounds like he has some really good excuses for not wanting to be the man of the family. (NOT!)
I know. I KNOW. We got into it a few days ago because I got laid off from my part time job. He was suppose to get a 2nd job, but now refuses. I suggested he get some piddly job at 7-11 or a grocery store, he said "why don't YOU? I'll stay home with Gianna." I said "she's breastfed!" and he said "oh, there goes your f***ing crutch again..." and walks off.

I hate that man right now.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow. Say whatever you like about me, but don't swear over our children.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, you are doing the best thing for your dd. Keep up the good work mamma!
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
ekmaurer3
Registered
seller

My Mood:

First, you are doing the best for your daughter and congrats for that.
Second, your mother is intimidated by you. Because you BF, you are doing something she didnt. So, by your actions, it tells her she didnt do as well as you. That is not to put her down, I am merely saying that by BF, you have surpassed her.

If I were you, I wouldnt hang out with her.

On a side note: I am not looking forward to the in-laws comments once I BF past a year. Its coming soon.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you.

I think she feels threatened and inadequate. My mom wasn't the greatest mother. Not just because she didn't bf, just for other decisions she made that weren't in our best interests. They (my sisters and mom) always say I'm the "know it all." They all like to tease me and hurt my feelings. They really are bad for my psyche.
When I was pregnant, they called me fat. I cloth diaper, they call me weird and gross. I breastfeed, I'm a child m0lester.

They are all just jealous. Jealous that I am capable and educated. I was the first to graduate in my ENTIRE family. The first to make decisions outside the box like CD and BF. Screw them.